Tumise Jegede is a senior associate in our MENA Global Transactions team (Finance). His practice encompasses advising corporate borrowers and lenders on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions, with an emphasis on acquisition finance, debt restructurings, emerging markets finance and real estate finance. Tumise has a particular interest in emerging markets and is a member of the firm's Africa group.
Tumise speaks English, conversational French and Yoruba.
back to tab navigation
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the restructuring of project financing and equity arrangements of its joint venture asset in the UAE, Lafarge Emirates Cement, with a large syndicate of international and regional banks.
- Advising WorldRemit, a global digital payment transfers group, on several cross-border acquisition debt financing arrangements to support its acquisition of US based, SendWave International Remittance.
- Advising a regional sovereign wealth fund on a EUR2.7bn term facility provided by a syndicate of international and regional lenders.
- Advising Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries / Julphar on the restructuring, refinancing and upsizing of multiple bilateral credit lines through the establishment of new long-term conventional and Islamic facilities on commercial terms consistent across all financiers.
- Advising General Atlantic on the financing aspects of its $200 million Series D investment in Greenlight Planet, a distributor of solar-powered home energy systems for off-grid consumers in Africa and Asia.
- Advising National Energy Services Reunited Corp., a NASDAQ listed provider of oilfield services in the MENA region, on its ESG-linked $860m multicurrency term and revolving credit facilities.
- Advising Metito Holdings Limited, a leading global provider of sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions in over 18 countries across Africa, the Middle East and South-East Asia, on a sustainability-linked $120m multicurrency financing.
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2013)
back to tab navigation
DubaiAl Fattan Currency Tower 2,
20th floor, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111
Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, 2014 The Impact of the Energy Act 2011 on Loan Portfolios