Tumise Jegede is a senior associate in our MENA Global Transactions team (Finance). His practice encompasses advising corporate borrowers and lenders on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions, with an emphasis on acquisition finance, debt restructurings, emerging markets finance and real estate finance. Tumise has a particular interest in emerging markets and is a member of the firm's Africa group.
Tumise speaks English, conversational French and Yoruba.
back to tab navigation
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the restructuring of project financing and equity arrangements of its joint venture asset in the UAE, Lafarge Emirates Cement, with a large syndicate of international and regional banks.
- Advising WorldRemit, a global digital payment transfers group, on several cross-border acquisition debt financing arrangements to support its acquisition of US based, SendWave International Remittance.
- Advising Dubai Holding on the finance aspects of the AED7.5bn (+US$2bn) sale of its interests in Dubai Creek Harbour to Emaar Properties.
- Advising Dubai roads toll operator, Salik, on its debut AED4.2bn pre-IPO financing.
- Advising a regional sovereign wealth fund on a EUR2.7bn term facility provided by a syndicate of international and regional lenders.
- Advising Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries / Julphar on the restructuring, refinancing and upsizing of multiple bilateral credit lines through the establishment of new long-term conventional and Islamic facilities on commercial terms consistent across all financiers.
- Advising General Atlantic on the financing aspects of its $200 million Series D investment in Greenlight Planet, a distributor of solar-powered home energy systems for off-grid consumers in Africa and Asia.
- Advising National Energy Services Reunited Corp., a NASDAQ listed provider of oilfield services in the MENA region, on its ESG-linked $860m multicurrency term and revolving credit facilities.
- Advising Metito Holdings Limited, a leading global provider of sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions in over 18 countries across Africa, the Middle East and South-East Asia, on a sustainability-linked $120m multicurrency financing.
- Advising Hayfin Capital on its landmark financing of a luxury residential development (Imperial Avenue in Downtown Dubai) using a highly novel and creative approach, involving multiple creditors and requiring the collaboration of the real estate regulator.
- Advising Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd (Borouge), a joint venture between a leading GRE and Borealis, on its debut $500m revolving credit facility.
- Advising Ruya Partners Limited on a mezzanine financing for Starzplay, a leading video-on-demand streaming service in the Middle East.
- Advising Ruya Partners Limited on a secured credit facility made available to Energia KSA, a leading provider of power and engineering solutions in the MENA region.
- Advising NBK Capital on a growth financing facility for Moove, an African mobility fintech company and Uber's exclusive vehicle supply partner in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advising Al Hilal Bank on a three-way merger with ADCB and Union National Bank creating the third largest bank in the UAE.
- Advising GFH Financial Group on the financing elements of its acquisition of a stake in AMA International University and the provision of financing for the purchase of a stake in the university by another shareholder.
- Advising Cerberus and Olive Rock on their acquisition of a stake in UEMedical, the operator of 21 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the GCC, from a distressed owner.
- Advising a prominent international financial investor on the provision of an emergency liquidity facility to PwC as liquidators of ABRAAJ Holdings against a complex background and court proceedings in the Cayman Islands. The facility was afforded priority protection through the Cayman Islands court process.
- Advising multiple SWFs and GREs in the GCC and their lenders on a variety of debt financing transactions (often widely syndicated) amounting to tens of billions of dollars in each of 2020 and 2021.
- Advising PIF on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in RSGT. RSGT is the largest port operator in Saudi Arabia and recently signed a new 30-year Build-Operate-Transfer agreement with the Saudi Arabian Ports Authority to redevelop the northern section of Jeddah Islamic Port.
- Advising flydubai on a $50m revolving credit facility.
- Advising Fidera on a confidential special situations mandate.
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2013)
back to tab navigation
DubaiICD Brookfield Place, Level 13 DIFC, PO Box 506569
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111
Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, 2014 The Impact of the Energy Act 2011 on Loan Portfolios