About Vanessa Jakovich
Vanessa advises on environment and planning issues, and the regulation of major energy and infrastructure projects.
She is focused on sustainability and innovation, guiding clients on issues including environmental governance, ESG strategy and climate reporting. She provides operational advice, as well as environment and planning support on corporate and real estate transactions across a range of sectors.
She has experience on a wide scope of energy transition projects, including internationally recognised expertise in nuclear law. Her electricity experience includes advising on major offshore windfarms, global renewables portfolios including wind and solar, conventional and waste-to-energy power plants, networks and interconnectors, nuclear new build and decommissioning, and carbon-capture and storage. She has a particular interest in innovative nuclear technology, including fusion and SMRs.
Her wider energy and infrastructure experience includes advising on rail, road, airport, port and oil and gas projects.
Advising Toshiba and Westinghouse on all aspects of the Nugen nuclear new build project at Moorside and on Horizon Nuclear Power's site licence application for Wylfa Newydd.
Advising URENCO on the regulation of its global uranium enrichment business.
Advising on a range of infrastructure deals including the sale of the Ferrybridge waste-to-energy plants, London City Airport, a major European electricity utility, a UK-wide port operator, and a Ministry of Defence facility.
Advising on environmental aspects of several major pharmaceutical and healthcare sector reorganisations.
- Nottingham Law School, UK (LLM - environment, planning and regulatory)
- University of Notre Dame, Australia (LLB - hons)
- Barrister and solicitor, Supreme Courts of Victoria and Western Australia, High Court of Australia
- Solicitor, England and Wales
Memberships and additional responsibilities
- Chair, Licensing and Permitting Taskforce of the World Nuclear Association
- Secretary, New Build Working Group of the International Nuclear Law Association
- Consulting Editorial Board Member, LexisPSL Environmental
- UK Nuclear Industry Association
- UK Environmental Law Association