About Dr. Mario Hüther
Mario leads Freshfields' banking and finance practice in Germany and Austria and is engaged in our automotive, financial institutions and global financial investors sector groups. He is also a member of our global transactions group.
He has more than 19 years' experience in the various product areas of the syndicated loan market. Mario regularly advises lenders, sponsors and corporate borrowers on debt financings, which equips him with a 360° view of an ever-changing financing landscape.
He is trusted legal adviser to the finance department of some key German corporate clients and acted on a number of challenging public takeover and leveraged finance transactions, infrastructure acquisition financings and debt restructurings.
In 2007, he spent six months as a banker with the loan markets division of the Royal Bank of Scotland in London.
A German native speaker, Mario also speaks English.
- Advising Vonovia SE in connection with various takeover financings, including
- a €22bn credit facility for Deutsche Wohnen AG,
- a €1.5bn bridge loan for Conwert AG (Austria),
- a €2.65bn bridge facility for BUWOG AG (Austria),
- a €960m bridge facility for Victoria Park AB (Sweden) and
- in connection with its €3bn RCF financing.
- Advising AUTO1 Group AG in connection with the implementation, increase and refinancing of a Borrowing Base Facility (BBF) with initially 6 borrowers; with a new non-recourse ABS structure financing for AUTO1 – the first ABS financing with used cars as underlying assets – as well as the increase to a financing commitment of €1bn and with a new ABS financing for Autohero on the basis of sale receivables.
- Advising RWE AG in connection with various corporate, acquisition and ECA financings, including the €8bn financing for the acquisition of the clean energy businesses from Con Edison.
- Advising numerous companies on the expansion and development of fibre networks (Deutsche Glasfaser, inexio, Deutsche Giganetz, Glasfaserplus, TNG Glasfaser, Community Fibre and others).
- University of Goettingen, Germany (doctor of laws)