About Sorcha Horrocks-Burns
Sorcha is a corporate associate in our global transactions team in London.
Sorcha advises clients across a range of sectors on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, as well as general corporate advisory and listed company matters.
During her time at Freshfields, Sorcha has spent six months on secondment to the firm's Hong Kong office.
- Advising Public Sector Pension Investment Board, including on transactions involving Angel Trains, Alpha Trains and Forth Ports
- Advising Greensands, the holding company of Southern Water, on the sale of a majority stake in the company in return for a significant investment from Macquarie
- Advising ABB on the sale of its power grids division to Hitachi
- Advising DAZN Group and Access Industries on various corporate matters
- Advising Cognizant on its acquisition of Zone Limited, a UK-based founder owned digital marketing agency
- Advising Cognizant on its acquisition of MeritSoft, a founder-led market leading fintech software supplier to financial institutions
- Advising Permira on its acquisition of Grobest, a pan-Asia aquatic feed business headquartered in Taiwan with operations in Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia
- Advising freshly-prepared food producer Bakkavor on its London IPO
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of QA Group (the UK’s leading provider of IT education and software skills training) from funds managed by Bregal Capital and various of its founders
- Trinity College Dublin (LL.B.)
- BPP University Law School (Legal Practice Course)
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales