About Julia Horbach
Julia is a senior associate in leveraged finance in our global transactions group, based in our London office.
Julia has a broad range of experience and has advised on a number of leveraged, corporate finance, real estate finance and restructuring transactions. Julia specialises in acting for private equity sponsors and financial investors on leveraged finance acquisitions and refinancings.
- Advising Bain Capital and Cinven on the financing for their acquisition of Arxada (formerly Lonza Specialty Ingredients).
- Advising Bain Capital's and Cinven’s portfolio company, Arxada, on the financing for Arxada’s acquisitions of Troy Corporation and Enviro Tech Chemical Services, Inc.
- Advising Cinven’s portfolio company, Viridium, on its refinancing and dividend recapitalisation.
- Advising Cinven and its portfolio company, Viridium, on the financing in respect of Viridium's acquisitions of Entis Lebensversicherung AG and Generali Lebensversicherung AG.
- Advising Cinven on the financing for its acquisitions of Planasa, Partner in Pet Food, One.com and INSEEC U.
- Advising Cinven’s portfolio company, Pronet, on its refinancing.
- Advising Charterhouse Capital Partners on the financing of its investment in Lane Clark & Peacock LLP.
- Advising Springer Nature on the repricing and amendment and extension of its existing financing.
- Advising TPG on the refinancing of EUR 1.4bn of debt across four facilities and 12 jurisdictions for its P3 logistics platform and its subsequent sale to GIC.
- Advising TPG on its refinancing and reorganisation of the a&o Hotels and Hostels group.
- Advising Greenyard Foods on the refinancing of its financing arrangements.
- Advising Bakkavor on its refinancing.
- Advising Permira Debt Managers in connection with the amendment of a number of private direct lending facilities.
- Advising Permira Debt Managers, Avenue Capital and Pemberton on the restructuring of Delsey group.
- Advising JP Morgan as administrative agent, letter of credit issuer and lender under a $930 million revolving and term credit agreement extended to Peabody Energy Corporation. The matter involved a restructuring with revolving and term lenders under the JPM Facility and two note issuances maturing in 2022 and 2025, respectively.
- Advising Jack Wolfskin on the financing aspects of its financial restructuring process.
Julia studied law at the University of Exeter and the Université de Rennes 1 gaining an LL.B. English Law and French Law/Master 1 (Maîtrise en Droit). She holds an LL.M. from Cornell Law School.
Julia was admitted to the New York State bar in 2013 and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2016.