Max is an associate (Rechtsanwalt) and specialises in banking and finance, in particular large-scale financing transactions. Another focus of Max' practice lies in the field of emissions trading and connected financial market regulatory aspects. He is also an external lecturer at the University of Vienna and teaches banking recovery and resolution law.
Max speaks German and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising a consortium of lenders in the sustainability driven financing of the upgrade and expansion of a paper mill, taking into account various ESG-criteria and ECA-backed subsidies.
- Advising a global market leader in the development of powertrain systems in respect of a revolving loan facility with a sustainability linked margin adjustment.
- Advising a group of companies providing network infrastructure services in relation to the syndicated refinancing of their group financing framework, including cash and guarantee facilities and involving banks and insurance companies from various jurisdictions as well as a multijurisdictional security matrix and an integrated roll-over of existing debt.
- Advising a consortium of banks with respect to a green financing transaction of the expansion of a papermill, supported by various export credit agencies
- Advising an international credit institution with respect to the restructuring and IPO of a client group.
- Advising the lenders on the restructuring of a shopping center in Eastern Europe.
- Advising a Swiss energy provider in relation to its participation in the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Advising a major European banking group on the cross-border migration of a collateralised and hedged €6bn loan portfolio covering 22 jurisdictions in the context of the reorganisation of the group.
- Advising with respect to the restructuring of Kommunalkredit Austria.
- Advising a range of investment funds and management companies with respect to the distribution of fund products and the establishment of investment funds in Austria.
- Admitted to the Bar (2021)
- Austrian Bar Exam (2018)
- University of Vienna, Austria (Dr. iur., 2021, including a doctoral thesis on "Bad Banks" in Austria)
- University of Vienna, Austria (Mag. iur. 2015).
- University of Sheffield, UK (Erasmus programme).
- Brunel University, UK (educational visit).
- University of Galway, Ireland (educational visit).
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (educational visit).
- University of Vienna, external lecturer for banking recovery and resolution law (since 2022)