Matthias specializes in IP, unfair competition, distribution and consumer protection law.
He further focuses on international arbitration. Matthias' arbitration experience extends to disputes involving energy (in particular gas and gas storage), post M&A, telecommunication and financial matters under the ICC Rules, DIS Rules, the VIAC Rules and ad hoc proceedings. He also acted as tribunal secretary.
He speaks German and English.
back to tab navigation
- Acting for leading energy companies in disputes over price adjustments in long-term gas-storage contracts.
- Advising a leading manufacturer of rail track maintenance and track laying machines in unfair competition matters against various competitors.
- Advising Tiger Coatings, manufacturer of coatings, laquers and inks, on cross-border trademark matters and technology-related contracts, including licensing, joint venture and distribution.
- Advising a global transportation provider in consumer law proceedings, including before the European Court of Justice.
- Acting for a major Austrian telecommunications company in a dispute relating to a post-M&A dispute concerning purchase price adjustment claims and alleged breaches of representations and warranties.
- Advising LG Corp. and LG Electronics on IP aspects in the acquisition of ZKW.
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (LL.B. and LL.M.)
- Austrian Bar (Rechtsanwalt)
T +43 1 515 15 634
F +43 1 512 63 94