About Hoang Hoa
Hoang Hoa is a senior associate of Freshfields Hanoi office who focuses on corporate, M&A, private equity with extensive experience in the real estate sector. She also has active experience advising on environmental matters in Vietnam.
She has been with Freshfields since 2005. Hoa has acted for multinational clients in a number of recent high-profile cross-border transactions, all of which involve significant corporate, tax, and real estate restructuring knowledge. The combination of Hoa’s excellent legal advisory skills and her thorough understanding of Vietnamese land law, environmental protection law and corporate law makes her now one of the key real estate lawyers in our Vietnam offices.
Hoa has been consistently recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer in Real Estate and Construction sector in the Vietnam market by Legal 500 and as an Associate To Watch in Real Estate practice by Chambers.
Hoa is one of the speakers in a webinar entitled “ESG in Vietnam – Are you ready?” organised by Freshfields Vietnam offices, discussing the most immediate impacts of COP26 for businesses around the world and ESG risks relating to performance of businesses in Vietnam.
Hoa speaks English and Vietnamese.
- International investors on their US$250m investment by way of convertible bonds and non-convertible warrant-linked bonds issued by one of the leading public property development companies in Vietnam.
- A Japanese multinational on the acquisition of more than 30 hectares of land for the development of a textile manufactory in Rang Dong Industrial Park in Nam Dinh Province, including on related environment matters.
- A US private equity investor in the restructuring and investment in a Singapore - Vietnam hospitality platform with a Lartisien Collection hotel in central Hanoi and a number of other projects in the South.
- A US private equity investor on the investment in a leading retail property platform in Vietnam (and the subsequent divestment from this business). This mandate included the acquisition, financing and development of retail or mixed-use property projects by one of the largest real estate developer in Vietnam.
- A US private equity investor on a number of major acquisitions in the real estate / gaming / hospitality sectors in Vietnam.
- The special situations team of a large U.S. investment bank on the proposed structured acquisition of a significant commercial/retail asset in downtown HCMC.
- A foreign government on the acquisition of land for development of a new embassy compound in Hanoi. Hoa successfully assisted the government and its Embassy in negotiation with the Hanoi government to lease the new site, obtaining the land title for 99 years and subsequently on matters involving the new embassy compound development.
- A UK multinational school investor on various matters, including the land acquisition for a highly-branded international schools project in HCMC and the acquisition of an international school project in Hanoi.
- A Japanese real estate investor on the acquisition of a commercial building located in District 1, HCMC.
- The developers of two on-going LNG-to-power projects on land issues relating to the development of these projects in Vietnam.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on the strategic US$1.5bn investment in Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group on various transactions, including the acquisition of a 49% stake in FE Credit – one of the largest consumer finance companies in Vietnam – for a reported consideration of over US$1.4 billion.
- School of Law, Vietnam National University
- A member of Hanoi Bar Association
- A member of American Chamber of Commerce in Hanoi