About Alicia Hildner
Alicia is a financial services Counsel in our Global Transaction group
Alicia advises financial institutions and unregulated companies on all aspects of banking regulatory law, particularly FinTech companies such as neo-brokers, e-money institutions and payment service providers on all aspects of their business models, including licensing requirements, financing rounds, governance issues and ongoing regulatory requirements. She regularly assists companies in M&A transactions. In addition, she focuses on payment services and payment infrastructure law as well as securities services.
Alicia regularly publishes articles and other papers and gives presentations/trainings for clients, among others, in the areas of payment services and money laundering law.
She speaks German, English and French.
- Advising JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. on the merger of its continental European business into J.P. Morgan SE
- Advice on the merger of DVB Bank SE with DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank
- Advising KfW and the Federal Republic of German on stabilising energy group Uniper
- Advising gategroup on the outsourcing of pension liabilities to Funding Solutions Germany
- Advising Upvest Securities GmbH on obtaining its license as a securities firm
- Advising Hellman&Friedman and GIC on the acquisition of the payment services provider Concardis
- Advising Cazoo, a leading UK online car retailer, on the acquisition of Cluno, the leading German provider of car subscription services
- Advising a leading automotive company on the establishment of an e-money platform
- Advising HSH Nordbank in the context of the ECB's comprehensive review and other regulatory matters
- Advising Funding Circle in connection with its IPO
- Advising banking groups on their Brexit restructurings
- Advising third country banks in the context of their cross-border operations
- Advising financial institutions vis-à-vis BaFin and the ECB
- University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Université I - Panthéon Sorbonne, Paris, France
- Legal assistant at the Freshfields' office in Frankfurt
- Legal traineeship at the Freshfields office in Frankfurt and in New York, U.S.
- Secondment at State Street International GmbH