About Jessica Heller
Jessica is counsel in the firm’s dispute resolution group. She has extensive experience helping clients navigate complex congressional investigations and regulatory inquiries, including by DOJ, SEC, FTC, and foreign regulatory bodies. Her practice also focuses on conducting internal corporate investigations and advising clients on resulting legal, regulatory, and reputational risk.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Jessica served as Deputy Chief Oversight Counsel on the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform. In her time with the committee, she initiated and led large-scale investigations into fraud, waste and abuse across the government and in the private sector. Her work on the Committee spanned a broad array of issue areas, including consumer protection, national security, immigration, education, and environmental justice, with several of her investigations attracting national press coverage. She was also a member of the investigatory and Senate trial team for President Trump's first impeachment and helped to draft the impeachment report issued by the House of Representatives.
During 2020 and 2021, Jessica served as Associate Counsel for Post-Election Strategy to the Biden campaign, conducting research on legal issues that would face the incoming administration and working to combat pervasive misinformation surrounding the election. Earlier in her career, Jessica was an associate at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP.
- Prepared a former bank CEO for high-profile hearings before House and Senate committees
- Developed and executed strategic response to multiple congressional inquiries for multinational technology company
- Conducted international investigation for prominent university in response to discrimination complaint
- Prepared a high-level executive for multinational technology company for multiple congressional briefings and hearings
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A. Northwestern University
- New York