Charles specialises in high-profile and complex acquisitions, carve-outs, take-privates and exits for some of the world’s largest financial sponsors.
Charles is sought after by clients who value his technical and commercial excellence on a full range of financial sponsor deal types.
His client base covers global private equity houses, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and corporates. Having spent time on secondment with Goldman Sachs and in Freshfields’ MENA offices, Charles has a thorough understanding of the needs of our global financial sponsor clients.
Charles speaks English, French and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising CVC Capital Partners and Formula One on the disposal of Formula One to Liberty Media Corporation.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Sky Betting & Gaming, the online betting and gaming business owned by Sky.
- Advising TPG and Ivanhoé Cambridge on their acquisition of PointPark Properties (P3) from Arcapita.
- Advising Marsh on its recommended cash acquisition of Jelf Group.
- Advising Avolon’s principal shareholders Cinven, CVC Capital Partners, Oak Hill Capital Partners and GIC on Avolon’s IPO and listing on the NYSE, and the M&A process which Avolon ran as part of its dual track process.
- University of Edinburgh, UK, and Aix-Marseille Université, France - Erasmus programme (MA (hons))
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2006)
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001 firstname.lastname@example.org