About Edmund Haxby
Ted is an associate in our global transactions group, based in London and currently seconded to New York. He specialises in advising financial sponsors on complex M&A, co-investments, take privates, management incentivisation arrangements and other corporate matters across a range of sectors.
His client base covers global private equity houses, pension funds and corporates. Ted previously spent six months seconded to our M&A team in New York and three months seconded to Prudential.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its investments in:
- Medivet Group;
- Rayner Surgical, and Rayner's subsequent acquisition of the OMIDRIA franchise;
- System C and Graphnet, and their subsequent acquisition of WellSky International;
- Premiership Rugby, the United Rugby Championship and the Six Nations Championship.
- Advising Cinven on:
- its combination of group.ONE and dogado group, alongside Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board;
- its acquisition of International Financial Group.
- Advising General Atlantic on:
- its Series D investment in Back Market;
- its acquisition of a strategic stake in Gymshark; and
- the investment by Hg into Argus Media, a leading global provider of energy and commodity price reporting.
- Advising Blackstone and Sixth Street on the sale of Kensington Mortgages to Barclays Bank.
- Advising First Reserve on its acquisition of The Weir Group Plc’s Flow Control division, now Trillium Flow Technologies.
- Advising MSC on the $4.5bn offer by MSC and Remgro to acquire Mediclinic.
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC on its return of approximately £69 million to shareholders by way of D Share Scheme.
- Advising Verisk Analytics, a leading data analytics provider, on its acquisition of the content as a service business of SAP and a strategic partnership for product compliance solutions.
Advising Neptune Energy (backed by funds advised by Carlyle and CVC) on its $3.9bn acquisition of a utilities company.
- French and Latin MA (Hons), University of St. Andrews (First Class Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University Law School (Distinction)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP University Law School (Distinction)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales