Toby is an associate in our global transactions group based in London.
He has experience advising clients across a variety of sectors on a mixture of private M&A, public M&A and equity capital markets transactions. Toby also advises both listed and unlisted companies on corporate governance matters.
Toby trained at Freshfields and was previously seconded to Freshfields’ Hong Kong office.back to tab navigation
- Amanda Staveley, her investment vehicle PCP Capital Partners, and a consortium led by the Public Investment Fund on the acqusition of Newcastle United Football Club.
- Compass Group on a cashbox placing to institutional investors alongside an offer to retail investors to raise approximately £2 billion.
- Mitchells & Butlers on its capital raise by way of an open offer to raise approximately £350 million
- Comcast on its £30bn acquisition of Sky.
- A consortium comprising FountainVest Partners and ANTA Sports on the acquisition of Helsinki-listed, Amer Sports for EUR4.6bn.
- Michelin on its £1.2bn recommended take-private of London-listed Fenner plc.
- DAZN on its disposal of the Perform Content business to Vistra Capital Partners, following a 30+ jurisdiction carve-out.
- JAB on its acquisition of Pret A Manger from Bridgepoint and other minority shareholders.
- A consortium led by Warburg Pincus on the acquisition of a 65 per cent. stake in Community Fibre Limited.
- Auto Trader Group on a placing to institutional investors to raise approximately £186 million.
- HSS Hire on its capital raise by way of a firm placing, placing and open offer to shareholders and new institutional investors to raise approximately £53 million.
- easyJet on its acquisition of airport landing slots from Thomas Cook plc (in liquidation).
- ArcLight Capital Partners on the disposal of North Sea Midstream Partners to Wren House Infrastructure.
- Liberty Living on being acquired by The Unite Group from the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Trainline on its corporate reorganisation following its initial public offering.
- Arcadia on the corporate aspects of its seven CVAs and pensions restructuring.
University College, London, UK (BA (Hons), Philosophy)
BPP University Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
English solicitor, admitted March 2019