About Haden Henderson
Haden is a finance partner in our global transactions group with a particular emphasis on high yield bond offerings.
Haden has extensive experience advising private equity funds, corporations, investment banks and alternative capital investors on high yield bond offerings, committed leveraged finance transactions, liability management transactions and restructurings. Haden's practice also includes the representation of corporations in connection with complex cross-border corporate and securities law matters.
Prior to joining the firm Haden was a partner at a leading global law firm and worked for an extended period on secondment at a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm in its leveraged finance team.
Haden is recognized as a ranked lawyer for High Yield by Chambers and as a key lawyer for High Yield in Legal 500 UK.
Haden’s experience includes advising*:
- Equipmentshare.com Inc in connection with its debut USD 640 million offering of Senior Secured Second Lien Notes due 2028;
- The initial purchasers in connection with on a sustainability-linked financing to Liberty Latin America's subsidiary, Liberty Servicios Fijos LY, S.A. (“Liberty Costa Rica”). The financing package consisted of a USD 50 million A Loan and a USD 400 million B Loan/B-Bond structure provided to Liberty Costa Rica by IDB Invest. The B Loan/B-Bond structure was financed by a special purpose entity that acted as a participant in the IDB Invest B Loan and funded its participation through the issuance of USD 400 million sustainability-linked senior secured notes due 2031. The transaction represents the first high yield bond issuance using the IDB Invest A/B fronting structure;
- Jain Irrigation Systems Limited on the financing aspects of the merger of its international irrigation business with Temasek-owned Rivulis Pte Ltd.;
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Vía Célere Desarrollos Inmobiliarios, S.A. of EUR 300 million aggregate principal amount of 5.25% senior secured high yield green bonds due 2026. The transaction represented the first green bond issued by a residential developer in the Euro market;
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Neinor Homes, S.A. of EUR 300 million aggregate principal amount of 4.50% senior secured high yield green bonds due 2026;
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by AEDAS Homes OpCo, S.L.U., a subsidiary of AEDAS Homes, S.A., of EUR 325 million aggregate principal amount of 4.00% senior secured high yield green bonds due 2026;
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by VTR Comunicaciones SpA, a subsidiary of Liberty Latin America, of USD 410 million aggregate principal amount of 4.375% senior secured notes due 2029;
- UBS AG on a USD 50,000,000 fixed rate digital securities issuance using the distributed ledger technology (DLT). The transaction represents one of the first transnational issuances of DLT-based securities by a financial institution and is part of the ongoing digital transformation of the capital markets landscape;
- Jain International Trading B.V., a direct subsidiary of Indian listed multinational micro-irrigation, food processing and plastic products conglomerate Jain Irrigation Systems Limited on its successful restructuring of its high yield bonds, implemented by way of an English law scheme of arrangement under Part 26 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- A leading investment bank in connection with the private placement add-on of USD 90 million of 6.750% senior secured notes due 2027 by LCPR Senior Secured Financing Designated Activity Company in connection with Liberty Communications PR Holding LP's USD 1.95 billion acquisition of AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by VTR Finance N.V. and VTR Comunicaciones SpA, subsidiaries of Liberty Latin America, of USD 550 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% senior notes due 2028 and US$600 million aggregate principal amount of 5.125% senior secured notes due 2028, respectively
- The initial purchasers on the USD 2.1 billion (equivalent) dual-tranche high yield bond offering by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, comprised of a USD 1 billion 7.125% five-year tranche and a EUR 1 billion 6.000% five-year tranche. Advised the dealer managers on the concurrent 3 tiered priority-acceptance tender offer to purchase up to USD 1.5 billion of certain of its other outstanding bonds;
- The initial purchasers, solicitation agents and lenders in connection with the implementation of a new global funding structure by Encore Capital Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECPG), an international specialty finance company. The transaction included the issuance by Encore of EUR 350 million aggregate principal amount of 4.875% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 and a consent solicitation with respect to Cabot Financial (Luxembourg) S.A. and Cabot Financial (Luxembourg) II S.A., indirect subsidiaries of Encore, outstanding GBP 512.9 million 7.5% Senior Secured Notes due 2023 and EUR 400 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2024 to enlarge the restricted group to encompass Encore and its subsidiaries and amend and restate the existing intercreditor agreement for the new financing structure. This transaction was shortlisted for IFLR Americas 2021 high yield deal of the year; and
- A leading private credit fund in connection with a private placement add-on by Garfunkelux Holdco 3 S.A. (Lowell) of GBP 117.5 million (equivalent) senior secured notes comprised of EUR 30 million in principal amount of additional floating rate senior secured notes due 2026, EUR 55 million in principal amount of additional 6.750% senior secured notes due 2025 and GBP 40 million in principal amount of additional 7.750% senior secured notes due 2025.
* Experience at previous firms
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2018)
- New York, United States (2015)
- Cambridge University (MPhil proxime accesserunt) (2010)
- University of Auckland (LLB) (2007)
- University of Auckland (BHSc) (2007)