About Bing Guan
Bing Guan specialises in debt capital markets, restructuring and insolvency work.
Bing has acted for arrangers and issuers on a wide range of new money debt capital markets transactions. He has also acted for administrator, debtor and creditors on a broad spectrum of restructuring and insolvency work.
Bing was born and grew up in Beijing, and can speak fluent Chinese and English.
- Advising Peking Founder Group and its administrator on the legal disputes in relation to its US$ 1.82 billion international bonds issued under the keepwell structure before, as well as seeking judicial assistance from, the Hong Kong courts
- Advising Tsinghua Unigroup and its administrator on the restructuring efforts of its USD2.45 billion international bonds including US$450 million bonds issued under the keepwell structure and on the legal disputes before, as well as seeking judicial assistance from, the Hong Kong courts
- Advising the Chinese administrator of Reward Science and Technology Industry Group Co., Ltd. on the international elements of Chinese bankruptcy protection proceedings including successfully obtaining the US Chapter 15 order on a contested basis
- Advising China Shanshui Cement Group Ltd. on re-listing of its shares at HKEX and simultaneous defence for its liquidation application filed in Cayman Islands and Hong Kong, as well as matters in relation to debt restructuring by some of its bondholders
- Advising China City Construction (International) Co., Ltd. on its debt restructuring efforts and defence against the liquidation application filed by its creditors, negotiation with the ad hoc committee of creditors and the subsequently creditors’ voluntary winding up
- Advising a global alternative energy producer on restructuring millions of dollars of bank loans and handling potential bond default
- Advising BOCOM International as the guarantor of its finance subsidiary, BOCOM International Blossom on the issuance of US$500m guaranteed notes under its MTN Programme Advising Shui On Land Limited on the issuance of US$400m sustainability-linked senior notes
- Advising Malaysia Airlines Group on its global restructuring involving the first UK scheme of arrangement
- Advising Goldman Sachs, CLSA and JPM on the issuance of US$300,000,000 and RMB1,916,000,000 zero coupon dual tranche convertible bonds by Pharmaron Beijing Co., Ltd.
- Advising ZGC International Investment Limited on the issuance of US$300m bonds due 2023 with the benefit of a keepwell deed and a deed of equity interest purchase undertaking from Zhongguancun Development Group Company Limited
- Advising Agricultural Bank of China Limited on the establishment and update of its US$15bn EMTN programme and multiple drawdowns under it by different international branches
- Advising UBS and a large syndicated of banks on the issue of US$300m guaranteed senior notes under New York law by Dangdai International Investments Ltd, guaranteed by Wuhan Dangdai Science & Technology Industries (Group) Company Limited
- Advising SF Express on the issue of US$500m guaranteed notes
- Advising ANTA Sports Products Limited on the issuance of EUR1bn zero coupon guaranteed exchangeable bonds
- Advising YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. on the issue of US$400m H share convertible bonds to Blackstone
- Advising joint lead managers on the issue of US$400m guaranteed subordinated perpetual capital securities guaranteed by Far East Horizon Limited
- Bristol University, UK
- China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China
- Solicitor in England and Wales, and Hong Kong.