About Lori D. Goodman
Lori focuses on executive compensation and employee benefits matters for public and private companies, primarily in the context of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Her work includes negotiating, reviewing and drafting transactional documents and identifying issues arising under, and assisting in complying with, the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, applicable labor laws, federal securities laws and applicable exchange regulations. She advises on other tax, securities, and corporate law issues associated with executive compensation and employee benefits matters. She prepares executive compensation for proxy statements and other security filings. Lori has represented numerous private equity firms, public companies and financial institutions on employee benefits and executive compensation matters. She is ranked among leading lawyers for executive compensation and empoyee benefits by Chambers USA.
- Cazoo in connection with a restructuring agreement with noteholders representing 75% of the company’s $630 million convertible senior notes and shareholders representing more than 25% of its outstanding shares.
- EQT Growth Fund as the lead investor in the Series F financing round of Gympass Inc.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its $1.2bn acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- Molekule Group on its all-stock merger with Aura Smart Air.
- Jungheinrich AG on its $375 million acquisition of Storage Solutions, Inc.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisition of AcadiaSoft.
- Ericsson on the sale of its IoT Accelerator and Connected Vehicle Cloud businesses and related assets to Aeris Communications, Inc.
- Sonoco on its acquisition of the remaining equity interest in its joint venture with the WestRock Company, RTS Packaging, and one paper mill for $330 million.
- AeroClean Technologies, Inc in connection with its all-stock merger with Molekule, Inc.
- Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease on its acquisition of LogicBio® Therapeutics, Inc.
- AmerisourceBergen on its $1.3 billion acquisition of PharmaLex.
- eBay on its acquisition of TCGplayer.
- CarLotz on its sale to Shift Technologies.
- Siemens on the sale of its global low-voltage NEMA motors business to ABB.
- Zymergen on its pending $300 million sale to Ginkgo Bioworks—the first-ever sale of a publicly-listed public benefit corporation.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisition of MayStreet.
- Beiersdorf on its acquisition of Chantecaille skin care brand.
- Sonoco on its $1.35 billion acquisition of Ball Metalpack.
- Stanley Black & Decker on the $3.2 billion sale of its global electronic security solutions and healthcare solutions businesses to Securitas.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3 billion acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies.
- Ericsson on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Vonage.
- Axel Springer on its pending acquisition of Allbritton, including publications POLITICO, Protocol and POLITICO Europe (a joint venture with Allbritton).
- Cargill and the buyer consortium on the $4.53 billon take-private Sanderson and simultaneous formation of JV with Continental Grain and private acquisition of Wayne Farms.
- Sandvik on its acquisitions of GWS Tool Group and DWFritz Automation.
- Honeywell on the combination of Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum Computing and acquisition of a majority stake in the combined company.
- ams OSRAM on the sale of its North America-based digital systems business to Acuity.
- Cazoo on its $7 billion business combination with US SPAC AJAX I, including a concurrent $800 million PIPE.
- AstraZeneca in its $39 billion acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise in its $925 million acquisition of Silver Peak and acquisition of Determined AI.
- Siemens on its $700 million acquisition of Supplyframe.
- Google on its acquisitions of Dysonics and Dataform.
- Li-Cycle on its $1.67 billion business combination with SPAC Peridot Acquisition Corp.
- CarLotz on its $827 million business combination with SPAC Acamar Partners Acquisition Corp.
- Clever Leaves on its business combination with SPAC Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- WorldRemit on its acquisition of Sendwave.
- Stagwell Media on its business combination with MDC Partners.
- KLX Energy Services in its all-stock merger with Quintana Energy Services.
- Energy Capital Partners in several proposed acquisitions and divestitures, including:
- its divestitures of Equipower Resources Corporation and Brayton Point Holdings to Dynegy.
- its acquisition, along with a consortium of investors of Calpine Corporation.
- Energy Capital Partners in the IPO of Propetro Holding Corporation.
- Odyssey Investment Partners in select transactions including:
- its divestiture of Ranpak Holdings to investment funds affiliated with Rhone Capital.
- its divestiture of BarrierSafe Solutions International to Ansell.
- Vestar Capital Partners in its acquisition of Don Companies.
- Eurozeo in its acquisition of Dominion Web Solutions.
Lori received her J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and her B.A., cum laude, from Harvard College. Previously Lori was a partner at Latham & Watkins.