About Dr. Corin Gittinger
Corin is a Principal Associate in the intellectual property and information technology practice. He focuses on patent law and advises companies in patent infringement and nullity proceedings as well as non-contentious patent law matters.
He advises on intellectual property law with a special focus on all aspects of patent litigation. His practice area covers standardized technologies, standard essential patents and the intersection of patent law with competition law, in particular in the consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive and the wider IoT industries.
In addition to his litigious work, his practice also includes policy matters in the SEP ecosystem as well as non-contentious matters, particularly licensing negotiations concerning standard essential and non-standard essential patents as well as other IP-related contracts.
In 2022 and 2023 he was ranked by The Best Lawyers in Germany / Handelsblatt: Ones to Watch (2023 and 2024 Edition) for Intellectual Property Law. Corin speaks German and English.
- Representing a European company specialising in radiation therapy in patent vindication proceedings regarding patient positioning technology.
- Advising and representing an American technology company in several international patent litigation series based on NEPs as well as SEPs for different cellular standards and audio coding standards.
- Advising and representing multiple Chinese handset manufacturers in multiple patent litigation campaigns concerning cellular standards and video coding standards.
- Advising and representing a leading automotive supplier in various patent litigation campaigns in Germany regarding the use of wireless communication standards in the automotive inpdustry, including the first ever respective patent litigation campaign in Germany.
- Advising different automotive companies on licensing negotiations for various standardized technologies.
- Advising a German car manufacturer on R&D and licensing agreements.
- Representing German and international biotech and pharma companies in vindication proceedings (i.a. concerning binding proteins for a specific target in cancer immunotherapy).
- Advising and representing a US based technology company in a patent litigation dispute concerning semi-conductor patents in the consumer elecetronics industry
- Representing different companies in various so-called anti anti-suit injunction proceedings before German courts
- University of Münster, Germany (PhD in law with a with a thesis on border seizure awarded with the research prize of the research department of the ITM Institute of the University of Münster)
- Legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin with stages at a major national law firm and the legal department of a leading German automobile manufacturer
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- GRUR - Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- LES - Licensing Executives Society