About Cheree Gemmell
Cheree is a UK-qualified senior associate based in our Abu Dhabi office who has experience of working with a variety of clients in the region and globally.
She advises on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, co-investments, reorganisations and general corporate matters across a range of sectors. Cheree is admitted to practice law and as a notary public in Scotland.
While practising in Scotland, Cheree advised on a number of corporate mandates, many of which were cross-border.
- Advising Luxinva S.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), on the recommended cash acquisition of Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC valued at £4.46bn. The consortium is led by Swedish investment firm EQT Fund Management S.a.r.l. with Luxinva S.A. as co-investor.
- Advising Mubadala Capital on a range of matters while on secondment.
- Advising a number of regional sovereign wealth funds on a variety of matters including private equity, infrastructure and real estate investments involving assets based in Asia, Europe and the UK as well as other joint venture transactions.
- Advising ADNOC on the establishment of an international futures exchange for Murban crude oil in the Abu Dhabi Global Market in partnership with Intercontinental Exchange and in relation to various other matters.
- Advising ADNOC on the establishment of its artificial intelligence JV, AIQ, with G42.
- Advising DP World in relation to its US$13.9 billion take-private by Port & Free Zone World FZE.
- Advising DP World in relation to its acquisition of feeder shipping businesses operating in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Advising Saudi Telecom Company on the US$3.1bn sale of Careem to Uber, the biggest ever technology deal in the region at the time.
- Advising Al Hilal Bank in relation to a three-way merger with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank to create the third largest bank in the UAE at the time, with total assets of US$114bn.
Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Strathclyde.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) at the Glasgow Caledonian University in the UK.