About Karin Geissl
Karin is a German and US litigation attorney who specialises in cross-border litigation, electronic discovery and product liability.
Her US experience includes formulating and implementing case and trial strategies, handling multi-state and international discovery, taking and defending depositions, preparing expert and company witnesses for deposition and trial, writing and arguing motions, and engaging and managing local counsel. In cross-border matters, Karin frequently assists clients with jurisdictional challenges and Hague Convention issues.
Through her extensive experience dealing with discovery issues in complex litigation and investigations, Karin has developed substantial knowledge in the areas of electronic discovery, internal investigations, data protection and compliance.
She also counsels clients in the area of product liability, product safety and risk management.
Clients appreciate Karin’s ability to bridge the cultural, linguistic, business and legal gaps whenever they face legal disputes or business challenges.
Karin speaks German, English and French.
- Advising clients on their e-discovery obligations, including the collection, preservation, processing, review and production of electronic information.
- Advising clients on data-protection issues that arise in cross-border litigation and investigations.
- Co-ordinating various US litigation matters, such as product liability, consumer class action and patent litigation, for an automotive manufacturer.
- Advising vehicle manufacturers and automotive suppliers on product liability risks of advanced vehicle technologies.
- Advising automotive manufacturers and suppliers on legal issues related to connected/automated vehicles.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany
- Attorney-at-law, California