About Abdullah Geelah
Abdullah is an associate in our London-based Energy, Transportation and Infrastructure team and a member of our Global Transactions group. He has advised on various aspects of energy and infrastructure projects, as well as advising a variety of parties on matters of environmental law and sustainability.
During his time at Freshfields, Abdullah has been seconded to Goldman Sachs’ in-house legal team for six months.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Abdullah worked in the financial services industry in government affairs and economic crime policy.
Abdullah’s experience includes advising:
- a North American pension fund on the potential acquisition of a significant minority stake in a major environmental and water management company in Europe;
- SSE plc on its disposal of its interests in UK waste-to-energy projects;
- a Saudi investment fund on its bid to develop a major utilities project in KSA;
- a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on the potential acquisition of a significant minority stake in a hydrogen and nitrogen gas manufacturing facility in KSA;
- the Emirate of Dubai on the carve-out of the Emirate's tolling system into a public joint stock company;
- Hellenic Petroleum on its corporate reorganisation;
- Hitachi on its disposal of a stake in the Intercity Express Programme;
- a bidder consortium on its bid to acquire Sasol’s 50% interest in the ROMPCO Pipeline traversing Mozambique and South Africa;
- The Generation Foundation, the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment and the UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative on a report exploring the impact of sustainability in investor decision-making in a number of jurisdictions;
- Suzano Papel e Celulose, a Brazillian pulp and paper company, on UK environmental and legislative matters;
- Anglo American on environmental, sustainability and ESG matters;
- a UNICEF-hosted fund on a USD 30 million social impact bond with the Government of Ghana;
- the Bank of England and the National Bank of Greece on corporate and regulatory matters; and
- Goldman Sachs and a major Canadian financial institution on banking and regulatory matters.
- University of Sheffield, BA (Hons) English Language and Linguistics
- University of Sheffield, MA Law
- Solicitor of England & Wales (2021)
- Abdullah is a member the Royal African Society