About Stuti Gadodia
Stuti Gadodia is a principal associate in the international arbitration group.
Stuti's practice focuses on international commercial and investment arbitration. She has represented clients from the Middle East, Europe and Asia in disputes in the energy, infrastructure and pharma sectors. Before joining Freshfields in 2016, she worked with a leading law firm in Mumbai, India specialising in commercial litigation and arbitration. She is a member of Freshfields' India disputes practice.
Stuti is qualified to practise law in India and England & Wales. She speaks English, Hindi and intermediate German.
Stuti teaches English law at the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, and international arbitration at the University of Bonn.
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in Munich-seated post-M&A DIS arbitration proceedings concerning disputes with a med-tech company arising from an earn-out clause (German law applicable).
- Representing a multi-national telecommunications company in Vienna-seated post M&A ICC arbitration proceedings brought by a European telecommunications company concerning breaches of representations and accounting warranties and technical defects in telecom facilities (Austrian law applicable).
- Advising European banks in connection with the termination of EPC contracts in an Eastern European country.
- Representing a German wind turbine manufacturer in post-M&A ad-hoc expert determination proceedings concerning disputes arising out of the purchase of a business focussed on provision of onshore maintenance services for wind turbines in Europe.
- Assisted ILGA Europe (an organisation working towards improving LGBTQ+ rights) in providing strategic advice to a Bulgarian national and her mother in a reference for preliminary ruling before the CJEU concerning Bulgaria’s refusal to issue a birth certificate to the child on the grounds that she has same-sex parents.
- Representing a global industrial company in four parallel ICC arbitration proceedings related to long-term supply agreements governed by English, German and French laws.
- Representing the State General Reserve Fund of the Sultanate of Oman in ICSID arbitration proceedings against the Republic of Bulgaria arising out of the collapse of one of Bulgaria’s largest banks.
- Representing an Austrian energy company in an ICSID arbitration against Bulgaria in a dispute concerning its investment in the country’s electricity distribution sector.
- Representing a German pharmaceutical company in DIS arbitration proceedings against its Israeli distributor arising out of the termination of distributorship agreements.
- Representing a group of land owners in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings concerning the development of a prime piece of real estate in Mumbai, India. Also represented the clients in pre- and post-arbitration proceedings before the Bombay High Court (grant of interim relief pending constitution of the tribunal and annulment of the award).*
- Representing an Indian industrialist in multiple proceedings before the National Company Law Tribunal (formerly known as the Company Law Board), Bombay High Court and the Supreme Court of India concerning disputes arising out of share transfer agreements.*
- Representing an Indian beverage company in corporate insolvency proceedings before the Bombay High Court and related proceedings before the Indian Debt Recovery Tribunals.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Freshfields
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and University of Geneva (MIDS LLM in International Dispute Settlement)
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai (Bachelor of Laws - LLB)
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Advocate (India)
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Registered Foreign Lawyer (Rechtsanwaltskammer, Frankfurt am Main)