About Stuti Gadodia
Stuti Gadodia is a principal associate in the international arbitration group.
Stuti's practice focuses on international commercial and investment arbitration. She has represented clients from multiple jurisdictions across a range of sectors including the energy, banking and pharmaceutical sectors. Prior to joining Freshfields, she worked with a leading law firm in Mumbai, India specializing in commercial litigation and arbitration.
Stuti is a lecturer in English law at the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main.
Stuti speaks English, Hindi and intermediate German, French and Marathi.
- Representing the State General Reserve Fund of the Sultanate of Oman in ICSID arbitration proceedings against the Republic of Bulgaria arising out of the collapse of one of Bulgaria’s largest banks.
- Representing a global industrial company in various ICC arbitration proceedings related to long term supply agreements governed by English and French laws.
- Representing an Austrian energy company in an ICSID arbitration against Bulgaria in a dispute concerning its investment in the country’s electricity distribution sector.
- Representing a German pharmaceutical company in DIS arbitration proceedings against its Israeli distributor arising out of the termination of distributorship agreements.
- Representing a group of land owners in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings concerning the development of a prime piece of real estate in Mumbai, India. Also represented the clients in pre- and post-arbitration proceedings before the Bombay High Court (grant of interim relief pending constitution of the tribunal and annulment of the award).*
- Representing an Indian industrialist in multiple proceedings before the National Company Law Tribunal (formerly known as the Company Law Board), Bombay High Court and the Supreme Court of India concerning disputes arising out of share transfer agreements.*
- Representing an Indian beverage company in corporate insolvency proceedings before the Bombay High Court and related proceedings before the Indian Debt Recovery Tribunals.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Freshfields
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and University of Geneva (MIDS LLM in International Dispute Settlement)
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai (Bachelor of Laws - LLB)
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Advocate (India)
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Registered Foreign Lawyer (Rechtsanwaltskammer, Frankfurt am Main)