About Iñaki Gabilondo
Iñaki has broad experience in all kinds of Spanish and cross-border finance transactions.
Having built up an impressive array of clients, he takes multibillion-euro deals in his stride and works tirelessly to help them close.
Iñaki specialises in Spanish and international finance transactions, with particular focus on leveraged acquisition/financing, restructuring and asset and energy project financing. In restructurings, he has been involved as lead legal advisor in many of the major restructurings that have taken place in Spain in a variety of sectors.
Iñaki has helped clients with numerous energy project finance transactions, including advising financing banks on projects involving combined cycle power plants, hydroelectric power plants, wind farm projects and electricity transmission lines.
Iñaki speaks Spanish, English and French.
- Advising a couple of major international investment banks and ING, as arrangers, and the remaining lenders, on an unsecured €1.3bn senior loan granted to Metrovacesa.
- Advising Merlin Properties Socimi on: the €1.7bn unsecured loan to refinance the debt of Testa; the €500m bridge financing for the acquisition of a stake in Testa; and Metrovacesa’s integration into Merlin Properties.
- Advising JP Morgan Securities (and affiliates) in relation to the acquisition of a portfolio of Spanish and Portuguese loan receivables from the Madrid branch of Hypothekenbank Frankfurt, an affiliate of Commerzbank, for approximately €4.5bn.
- Advising CaixaBank and other financial entities, as lenders, on the amendment and extension of the English law-governed €2.25bn facilities agreement granted to Gas Natural SDG.
- Advising on the debt restructurings of Pescanova, Grupo Pascual, FCC Environment Group, Metrovacesa, Reyal Urbis, Martinsa-Fadesa, Afirma/Quabit, Grupo Pinar, Grupo Zeta and Inmobiliaria Chamartín.
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain (law)
- Instituto de Empresa de Madrid, Spain (LLM in asesoría jurídica de empresas (business law))
- Madrid Bar - since 1993