About Robert Foley
Rob is a corporate associate in our global transaction group in London, specialising in advising clients on public and private M&A transactions and general corporate and listed company matters.
During his time at Freshfields, Rob has spent time on secondment at the M&A team of a leading international telecommunications company, as well as at the firm’s Singapore office.
Recent work includes:
- Advising Indivior PLC on its additional listing on NASDAQ
- Advising Euromoney Institutional Investor plc on the c.£1.6 billion recommended cash offer by a consortium comprising Astorg and Epiris
- Advising Ferguson plc on its primary US listing on the New York Stock Exchange
- Advising Flutter Entertainment plc on its acquisition of Tombola for an enterprise value of £402 million
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on its acquisition of Refinitiv in an all-share transaction for a total enterprise value of $27 billion
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on its €4.325 billion disposal of the Borsa Italiana Group
- Advising Flutter Entertainment plc on its $11 billion all-share cross-border merger with The Stars Group
- Advising Cancer Research UK on the sale of the British Journal of Cancer
- Trinity College Dublin (LL.B, First Class Honours)
- The London School of Economics (LL.M, Distinction)
- Solicitor, England and Wales