About Thijs P. Flokstra
Thijs is a finance/corporate partner and a civil law notary (notaris) in our Amsterdam office.
He is a down-to-earth Dutch lawyer who brings state-of-the-art, international experience to the Netherlands – and he thrives on complex cross-border finance and corporate matters.
His practice focuses on banking (leveraged finance and real estate finance) and complex combined finance/corporate (structural) reorganisations and matters. As part of his real estate background, his practice also covers transactional real estate, both from a corporate law and finance law angle.
Furthermore, Thijs works closely together with his fellow finance and tax partners on restructuring and insolvency matters and structured products.
In his capacity as civil law notary, he can draw on his extensive background in corporate law (M&A, joint ventures, complex international and multi-jurisdictional reorganisations and restructurings, and venture capital/private equity) to find successful solutions to his clients’ combined finance/corporate/real estate matters.
- Rabobank and certain other financial institutions and direct lending entities on Netherlands headquartered TIP Trailer’s new financing arrangements. The facility was increased to EUR 1,4 billion in order to facilitate certain acquisitions made by TIP, including taking over PEMA Group (which has entities in Germany and Eastern Europe) and Trailer Wizards in Canada.
- CVC Strategic Opportunities on its acquisition of a 50% stake in DFE Pharma, a leading global excipients manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry. DFE Pharma is currently a 50/50 joint venture between dairy companies Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. and Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (Fonterra). Headquartered in Goch, Germany, DFE is a global leading excipient manufacturer. Excipients are the inactive substances that are blended with the active ingredients in medicine for purposes such as binding, bulking, disintegration or to aid in the processing of the active ingredient.
- Proprium Real Estate Special Situations Fund on the acquisition from Morgan Stanley Real Estate (MSRESS) of 35% interest in Motel One to Proprium Real Estate Special Situations Fund, in partnership with a consortium of co-investors.
- Blackstone on the sale of seven Center Parcs Europe holiday resorts in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium to German real-estate company Aroundtown SA.
- Morgan Stanley Tactical Value Investing on the investment in Arnold Participaties B.V., the top holding of the Dutch employment agency Olympia. Morgan Stanley acquired the shareholding from Avedon Capital Partners. Olympia is the sixth temporary employment agency on the Dutch market, with a turnover of more than € 400 million.
- University of Groningen, the Netherlands
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Nyenrode Business University, Supervisory Board / Corporate Governance