About H.T. Flanagan
H.T. Flanagan's practice focuses on providing strategic advice to private capital clients, including credit funds, alternative lenders and other financial institutions on capital solutions, special situations, liability management transactions and other bespoke debt and hybrid capital financing transactions. He also advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on a wide range of traditional leveraged financing transactions covering acquisition financings, working and growth capital facilities and debtor-in-possession financings.
H.T. has been named “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers and prior to entering law school was a pitcher for the Washington University baseball team, where he was a three time academic all conference selection.
H.T.’s capital solutions experience includes advising:
- A first lien lender group in the provision of a new super senior secured credit facility for, and in an out-of-court restructuring of, the capital structure of Covis Pharma, a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management, Inc.
- Hayfin Capital Management in its concurrent debt, including the provision of new senior secured credit facilities, and convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, a publicly traded healthcare company.
- Hayfin Capital Management in multiple debt financing transactions for Avadim Health, Inc., including a senior secured debtor-in-possession term loan facility to finance business operations during Avadim’s chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Hayfin Capital Management in its concurrent debt, including new senior secured credit facilities and intercreditor arrangements, and equity investment in a confidential e-commerce company.
- CPPIB Credit Investments in multiple debt financing transactions and intercreditor arrangements for a confidential construction services company.
- CPPIB Credit Investments in a subordinated term loan facility and intercreditor arrangements for a confidential entertainment company.
- Sixth Street Partners in a bespoke split priority debtor-in-possession term loan facility for Clovis Oncology, Inc., a publicly traded pharmaceutical company.
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. in the provision of senior secured credit facilities for a confidential pharmaceutical company.
- The first lien lender group, including BlueMountain Capital, in super senior secured financings, debt exchanges and other liability management transactions for a confidential sponsor-owned healthcare company.
- Citi, as lender, arranger and agent, in the provision of different credit facilities, including acquisition financings, for various confidential clients in the healthcare, dental and beverage distribution industries.
- An ad hoc group of secured lenders to Energy & Exploration Partners in a senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facility to Energy & Exploration Partners during its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Tailwater Capital, as, together with EIG Global Energy Partners, a sponsor of Southcross Holdings LP, in the provision of senior secured debtor-in possession credit facility to finance Southcross during its bankruptcy proceedings.
- MC Credit Partners in connection with a senior secured credit facility to support One Equity Partner’s acquisition of Omni Environmental Services.
- An ad hoc group of secured lenders to Onyx Centersource in connection with various liability management transactions.
- Medmen Enterprises in connection with novel liability management transactions involving existing convertible notes and senior secured term loan facilities, together with a new money recapitalization.
- Blackstone, as lender, in connection with a confidential second lien financing.
H.T.’s private equity representation includes advising:
- J. Crew (a portfolio company of TPG and Leonard Green) in connection with various term loan, ABL and senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facilities, as well as its market recognized liability management transactions and related debt exchange.
- Searchlight Capital Partners on its first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Integrated Power Solutions, as well as various add on acquisition financings subsequent to the initial leveraged buyout.
- Lee Equity Partners on senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of The Living Company.
- Healogics, Inc., a leading provider of advanced wound care, in connection with its debt for equity exchange and new senior secured credit facilities.
- Culligan International (an Advent International portfolio company) on various acquisition financings.
- Multiple confidential portfolio companies of Ontario Teachers Pension Plan in connection with various debt financing transactions.
- Claires Group Inc. in connection with a senior secured debtor-in-possession ABL facility provided during its chapter 11 restructuring.
- American Securities in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance its take-private acquisition of Air Methods.
- CCMP Capital in connection with first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Shoes For Crews, as well as various add on acquisition financings subsequent to the initial leveraged buyout.
- All Year Holdings in connection with senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facilities to support a 363 sale process of certain assets.
- Cascade Environmental (a portfolio company of TruArc Partners) in various acquisition and other confidential debt financing transactions.
- The Brock Group in liability management transactions involving debt exchanges and new ABL credit facilities.
- Topgolf International in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance certain strategic growth initiatives.
- Providence Equity in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Abacus Data Systems.
- TA Associates in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of PDI.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- J.D., 2015
- Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A. with honors, Political Science, 2011
- New York