About Simon Fitzpatrick
Simon is a principal associate in our English law finance practice group in Vienna and a member of our global transactions group.
He focuses on advising lenders and borrowers throughout the CEE region on their debt and equity financings. Simon also has extensive experience advising on distressed debt restructurings.
Simon is an English native speaker.
- Advising Volkswagen AG on its global alliance with a US automotive manufacturer for the joint production of a range of commercial vehicles.
- Advising SUSE SA and funds advised by EQT on the preparation and execution of the €1.1bn IPO of SUSE S.A., a global provider of open source-based software solution.
- Advising Goldman Sachs International and another nine international underwriting banks on the €4.7bn IPO of BAWAG Group AG (the 3rd largest IPO in 2017 in Europe/Vienna Stock Exchange).
- Advising National Joint-Stock Company “Naftogaz of Ukraine” on (i) its inaugural offering of US$335m and US$500m Eurobonds in July 2019, (ii) a further offering of US$500m Eurobonds in November 2019, and (iii) its subsequent restructuring negotiations for such bonds.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on a USD 200m and EUR 600m term and revolving facilities agreement for RHI Magnesita, Austria.
- Advising an automotive leasing company on its $2.5bn revolving credit facility.
- Advising TUI AG on the refinancing of its syndicated facility and extension with a KfW-backed COVID-19 credit facility totalling €4.6bn.
- Advising ING Bank and Crédit Agricole CIB as lenders in connection with a USD 100,000,000 secured pre-export refinance revolving credit facility for a Ukrainian manufacturer of vegetable oils.
- Advising a leading global investment firm in connection with the bidding process for a EUR 80 million super senior secured refinancing for a Slovenian company guaranteed by its Balkan subsidiaries.
- Advising a financial investor on the purchase and restructuring of several non-performing loans relating to distressed CEE-related groups.
- Advising UniCredit as lender in connection with a secured Finnvera-covered and OeKB backed €13.27m export credit facility for RCS & RDS S.A., Romania, guaranteed by its Dutch parent and its Spanish and Hungarian affiliates.
- University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria, (LL.M in European and International Business Law (with Distinction))
- The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice)
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, (Bachelor of Laws (with Honours))
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Admitted as an Australian Lawyer and as an officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria (no current practicing certificate held)