About Tabasam Faqir
Tabasam leads our Restructuring and Capital Solutions practice in MENA.
He advises across the full spectrum of stakeholders and processes, with a particular focus on cross-border restructuring matters and special situations, using conventional and Islamic finance structures.
Recent deals and highlights include advising:
- An international distressed debt investor in relation to its strategic options (including potential US Chapter 11 proceedings and an English scheme of arrangement) as a lender in a cross-border restructuring across the GCC.
- An Africa based financial services business on the appointment of administrators and prepack sale of the business.
- An ad hoc creditor group, comprising a regional credit fund and international DFIs, in relation to the debt restructuring of an Egyptian petrochemicals business.
- A London headquartered investment manager in connection with the onshore UAE bankruptcy process of a healthcare business.
- Investors in connection with non-performing loan portfolio acquisitions in the Middle East.
- Hayfin Capital on its structured investment in a real estate project in Downtown Dubai.
- International financial investors, including TPG Capital, on the restructuring of one of their senior acquisition facilities in the Middle East.
- CVC Capital Partners on its investment in GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of private school education.