Sebastian is a partner in our New York office whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, activism defense and corporate governance.
His experience is centered on domestic and cross-border M&A, including public company mergers, private equity acquisitions, joint ventures, complex business carve-outs and divestitures, hostile takeovers and defense, carve-out IPOs, spin-offs and split-offs.
Sebastian also has experience representing clients in complex commercial agreements and in capital markets transactions, such as IPOs, secondary offerings, block trades, high-yield bond offerings and exchange offers.
He has extensively counseled management and boards of directors on governance and disclosure matters.back to tab navigation
- Universal Music Group in the $3.4 billion sale of 10% of its equity by parent Vivendi to Tencent and related option for Tencent Music to acquire a minority stake in Universal Music's greater China business.
- Global Brands on its $1.38 billion sale of a significant part its North American business to Differential Brands.
- Starbucks on its $7.15 billion global coffee alliance with Nestlé.
- Sears on the $900 million sale of its Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker.
- Spectra Energy on its $28 billion merger of equals with Enbridge.
- Nasdaq on its $1.1 billion acquisition of International Securities Exchange from Deutsche Börse.
- Airgas on its $13.4 billion sale to Air Liquide.
XPO Logistics on its €3.24 billion acquisition of Norbert Dentressangle.
- BGC Partners and GFI Group on the $650 million sale of GFI's Trayport business to Intercontinental Exchange.
- JD, Harvard Law School
- AB in Biology, Harvard University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 508 8806
F +1 212 277 4001