About Dámaris Engelschman
Dámaris is an associate in the Banking & Finance team in our firm’s Amsterdam office and is part of our global transactions (GT) practice group. She has both structured finance and banking experience, with a focus on securitisation. She is active both on the borrower / sponsor side and lender/arranger side.
Dámaris is fluent in Dutch and English.
- M&G Investment Management on an investment in mezzanine notes proposed issued by a Tradeplus24 entity.
- M&G Investment Management on (i) the exercise of their first optional redemption call option pursuant to which the notes issued by Delft 2020 B.V. have been redeemed, and (ii) structuring and negotiating a new private warehouse transaction with Kingsford BV as issuer, to finance its purchase of the mortgage portfolio.
- JP Morgan and Rabobank as joint lead managers of a Dutch residential mortgage-backed, STS compliant securitisation of green Dutch mortgage loans originated by Obvion N.V.
- CarVal (sponsor), RNHB (seller / originator) and Intertrust (as corporate services provider to the issuer) (DPF 2023-1 B.V.) in relation to a Dutch residential mortgage-backed securitisation for RNHB.
- RNHB on the exercise of a first optional redemption call option pursuant to which the notes issued by Dutch Property Finance 2017-1 B.V. have been redeemed.
- RNHB and CarVal on a series of private structured repo financing transactions, including a repackaging of certain receivables which were then listed on the Vienna stock exchange to enable them to be repurchased.
- Intertrust (as corporate services provider to the issuer) (EDL 2021-1 B.V.) in relation to a Dutch residential mortgage-backed, STS compliant securitisation of prime Dutch mortgage loans originated by Elan Woninghypotheken B.V.
- Senior Lenders and Joint Arrangers in relation to a pan-European asset backed securitisation for TIP Trailers as the Seller/Originator for its lease portfolio.
- RNHB B.V. on its acquisition of a commercial real estate loan portfolio purchased from a fund managed by Syntrus Achmea Real Estate & Finance.
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. and ING Bank N.V. as lenders and guarantee providers in relation to a refinancing of the existing revolving loan and bank guarantee facility facilities of Dynniq Group B.V. and certain other group companies in the Netherlands, UK and Belgium.
- Rabobank and a syndicate of lenders on the increase of the RCF facility and raising the term debt of TIP Trailer Group. The funds of the financing arrangements were, amongst other things, used for the acquisition of the PEMA Group and Trailer Wizards Group.
- 2019 - present Associate at Freshfelds Bruckhaus Deringer, Amsterdam
- 2017 - 2019 Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, LLM Nederlands Recht: Insolventierecht (cum laude)
- 2017-2019 Nottingham Trent University, UK, LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law (cum laude)
- 2015-2016 University of Cambridge, UK, Examination in Law for European Students
- 2013-2017 Universiteit Utrecht, Utrecht Law College, LLB Rechtsgeleerdheid (cum laude)