About Ellie Dunne
Ellie is a corporate senior associate in our global transactions group and a member of the firm’s financial institutions team.
Ellie acts on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations and other corporate advisory and transactional work for a range of listed and unlisted corporate and institutional clients. She has varied sector experience but her particular focus is on the financial institutions sector.
In the course of her career at Freshfields, Ellie has been seconded to HSBC’s Group M&A Legal team and to HSBC’s Corporate Structuring team, working both in London and Canada. She has also spent time in the firm’s New York office.
- Advising Entain on MGM’s bid for Entain and its takeover defence against DraftKings.
- Advising Equitable Life on its scheme of arrangement, Part VII transfer and sale to Utmost Life and Pensions.
- Advising Aberdeen Asset Management on its all-share merger with Standard Life.
- Advising HSBC on Saudi British Bank’s merger with Alawwal Bank.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on the acquisition of a majority stake in the LCH Group, and the proposed sale of LCH SA to Euronext.
- Advising Marsh on its cash acquisition of Jelf Group.
- Advising the Hartford Financial Services Group on the restructuring of its UK legacy insurance businesses into a single run-off entity.
- University College Dublin, Ireland (Business and Law)
- Smurfit School of Business, Ireland (Masters in Finance)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland