About Katie E. Dixon
Katie is an associate in our New York office focusing on finance matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Katie worked at a multinational law firm in the corporate group counseling private companies, private equity firms and emerging companies on real estate, intellectual property and commercial contract aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and corporate financings. Katie’s work to date has spanned a variety of sectors including hospitality, retail, sports and entertainment.
While in law school, Katie interned at an independent film studio and a professional basketball team, working predominately in transactional intellectual property and commercial contracts. She also co-authored and published a Note in NYU’s Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law titled “Risky Business: Fraud, Authenticity, & Limited Legal Protections in the High Art Market.” Katie maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on protecting artists and providing counsel to creative communities.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its $1.2bn acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2021
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award – Best Overall in Section
- North Carolina Journal of Law & Technology, Staff Member
- North Carolina Museum of Art, Pro-bono Provenance Analyst
- UNC Law Institute for Innovation, Student Advisor
- Entrepreneurship Law Association, President
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., Media & Journalism, Entrepreneurship Minor, 2018
- UNC Excellence in Entrepreneurial Studies Endowment Scholarship
- The Shuford Program in Entrepreneurship, Ambassador
- Fashion and Media Innovation Incubator, President
- New York State