About Dr. Juliane Diekgräf
Juliane advises financial institutions, corporations and public entities.
In this context she works on M&A and loan-portfolio transactions, as well as restructurings and reorganisations, and has particular expertise in corporate and capital markets law matters.
Juliane speaks German and English.
- Advising Hamburg Commercial Bank (formerly HSH Nordbank), the world’s largest ship financier, on numerous corporate law matters (inter alia transition to one-third codetermination, granting share bonus to management board members) as well as capital market law matters, the recent EU state aid procedure and its privatisation, the sale of a portfolio of non-performing shipping loans with a volume of €5bn (256 ships) to a state-owned bad bank as well as several other loan portfolio transactions and the repurchase of Tier 1 bonds as well as the repurchase of silent participations
- Advising Berenberg Bank on the acquisition of a $300m shipping loan portfolio from Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Hanseatic Higher Regional Court in Hamburg, Germany, with a stage in New York, US
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (doctoral thesis about German co-determination law in corporate groups)
- University of Münster, Germany (WWM, focusing on banking and capital markets law)
- University of Freiburg, Germany (ALU)
- Christian Wilde Award for an outstanding doctoral thesis in the area of corporate or capital markets law
- Johanna and Fritz Buch Memorial Foundation Award for outstanding doctoral thesis
- Esche Schümann Commichau Foundation Award for outstanding doctoral thesis in law and business