Avocat à la Cour, Louis Degeorges is a Global Transactions associate.
Admitted to the Bar (Paris) in 2016, Louis advises on a wide range of financial services regulatory matters, including notably in an advisory and transactional context.
Recently, Louis has been assisting major global investment banks in relation to their Brexit planning and MiFID II implementation.
His expertise also covers investment management work.
Prior to joining Freshfields in 2020, Louis was an associate for more than 3 years at the Paris office of Linklaters and worked for a year at the Caisse des dépôts et consignations.
back to tab navigation
Louis experience (both before and following joining Freshfields) notably includes advising:
- AnaCap in its acquisition of the retail banking, insurance and asset management businesses of Barclays in France;*
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in April SA, a French listed company, and its insurance brokerage network;*
- Promontoria MMB, a subsidiary of Cerberus Capital Management, in its acquisition of Banque Espirito Santo et de la Vénétie, a French credit institution;*
- Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of French insurance broker Meilleurtaux.com;*
- a number of major global investment banks in relation to their Brexit planning and MiFID II implementation.*
Fields marked with * relate to works conducted before joining Freshfields.back to tab navigation
Louis graduated from Université Nancy II (Magistère), ESSEC business school and King's College London (LLM) before passing the Bar exam at Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne.
He is fluent in English and is a native French speaker.back to tab navigation