Rocío advises clients on a wide range of antitrust issues, including cartels and behavioural matters, as well as merger control.
Her practice covers Spanish and European competition law across a range of sectors, including, among others, media, consumer goods, industrial and pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Rocío speaks Spanish, English and French and has a working knowledge of German.back to tab navigation
- Cinven, KKR and Providence, in their consortium investment, on the merger control aspects relating to a €3bn voluntary public takeover bid for the entire share capital of MÁSMÓVIL IBERCOM.
- Aon on the merger control aspects of its ongoing merger with Willis Towers Watson, in the insurance brokerage sector.
- Mediapro in relation to the complaint against the Real Federación Española de Fútbol (RFEF) as regards a potential competition law infringement committed by the RFEF, consisting of an exclusionary abuse against Mediapro in relation to the marketing of broadcasting rights for the Spanish ‘Copa del Rey and Supercopa’.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Iberia (SPEI) in infringement proceedings initiated by the Spanish competition authority (CNMC) for an alleged breach of competition law consisting in allegedly aligning their commercial practices with Ymagis and exchanging commercially sensitive information with Rentrak in the Spanish film distribution market.
- JT International Iberia on its appeal against the decision of the Spanish competition authority under article 1 of the Spanish Competition Act and article 101 TFEU in relation to an alleged infringement consisting of: (i) concerted practices; (ii) agreements in price and commercial terms; and/or (iii) exchanges of information, among tobacco manufacturers (directly or through third parties) in the market for the manufacturing and distribution of cigarettes.
- Degree in Law and International Relations (E-1) from the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) (Madrid).
- Master’s degree in European Legal Studies (LLM) from the College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium), where she graduated with distinction.
- Madrid Bar (2014).
Memberships and additional responsibilities
Treasurer at the Spanish Association for Competition Law (Asociación Española para la Defensa de la Competencia).back to tab navigation
Paseo de la Castellana, 95
T +34 91 700 3700
F +34 91 308 4636