Steffie De Backer is a principal associate in the Brussels office, and a member of the Global transactions team.
She assists on corporate, commercial and financial law matters, and on debt capital markets transactions.
Her practice also focuses on financial regulatory advice and litigation. She assists various financial institutions on regulatory issues, such as capital requirements (bank/insurance), the implementation of MiFID II, AIFMD and other regulatory matters.
She speaks Dutch, English and French.back to tab navigation
- University of Ghent, Belgium (law degree and economics degree)
- New York University, US (LL.M degree)
- Brussels bar
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate and M&A
- Financing and capital markets
- Debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured products
- Financial restructuring
- High yield and acquisition finance
- Investment grade and corporate treasury
- Regulatory capital
- Distressed acquisitions
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Banking and financial services regulation
- Foreign investment regulation