Bryan has extensive experience in international arbitration and litigation.
He has represented clients in disputes before the DIAC, LCIA and ICC, along with US state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Bryan has also advised clients on construction disputes, international trade, and issues relating to public and private international law, investment, trade policy and corruption.back to tab navigation
- Advising a joint venture consisting of various construction and contracting services companies in DIAC arbitration proceedings concerning a multibillion dollar dispute with one of the largest aviation corporations in the Middle East concerning the construction of a new terminal at an international airport in the region.
- Advising US EPC contractors as claimants in a multimillion dollar LCIA arbitration arising out of the turnaround of an oil refinery. The dispute involved contractual and non-contractual issues impacting the project schedule.
- Advising a European design and construction company in an LCIA arbitration involving alleged design and construction defects in the construction of a pharmaceutical plant in the US.
- Advising a US chemical company as claimant in an ICC arbitration in London arising out of the failure of the respondent to close a large joint venture transaction.
- Advising a French chemical company as claimant in a series of ICC arbitrations and defendant in parallel US litigations. The cases arose out of claims that the claimant misappropriated certain industrial trade secrets in the development of a chemical facility.
- Advising a state entity as respondent in an arbitration. The case arose out of allegations of breaches of the applicable investment statute and contracts in relation to mining rights allegedly granted to the claimant.
- Advising the Asian subsidiary of a major European chemicals company as claimant in an ICC arbitration against the Asian subsidiary of a major North American chemical company. The dispute arose from a long-term supply agreement.
- University of Chicago, US (doctorate of law, 2004; political science and government, economics, and law, letters and society, 2000)
- Admitted to practise in New York (2005) and Washington DC (2007), and before several US federal courts, including the Supreme Court
- Foreign registered lawyer, Dubai
DubaiAl Fattan Currency Tower 2,
20th floor, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111