About Richard Daniels
Richard is counsel in our global transactions group, specialising in leveraged finance.
Richard advises private equity sponsors and other investors on leveraged finance acquisitions and refinancings. He has also advised on a number of general corporate financings and restructuring transactions.
- Advising Etraveli Group, a world-leading tech platform for selling flights, on the refinancing of their facilities.
- Advising Permira on the financing of their recommended cash acquistion of Ergomed plc.
- Advising QA Group, the digital education and skills provider, on the refinancing of their facilities.
- Advising TMF group, a leading provider of critical administrative services, on the refinancing of its facilities.
- Advising CVC and Rayner, the ophthalmic medical products manufacturer, on the financing of Rayner's acquisition from Omeros Corporation of the Omidria franchise.
- Advising CVC and Synsam (the leading optical retailer in the Nordic region) on the group’s post IPO facilities following the listing of Synsam on Nasdaq Nordic.
- Advising Waterland on the financing of their acquisition of The Cookware Company, a global manufacturer and distributor of ceramic cookware products.
- Advising AEA Investors on the financing of their acquisition of the Polygon Group, the largest provider of property damage restoration services in Europe.
- Advising Cinven and group.ONE on the refinancing of group.ONE’s senior facilities.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on the financing of their acquisition of AutoScout24, the European digital car marketplace company, and AutoScout24’s acquisition of a majority stake in LeasingMarkt.de, the online leasing marketplace company.
- Advising Charterhouse Capital Partners and its portfolio company, SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals on the unitranche financing in respect of SERB’s acquisition of BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
- Advising CVC and Messer Group in respect of the acquisition by their joint venture of certain parts of Linde AG's gases business in the Americas.
- Advising Permira on leveraged finance transactions including the acquisition, refinancing and sale of P&I, the German software solutions business and the public-to-private acquisition of TBS Group, the healthcare technology management business.
- Advising Permira and Tilney Group in respect of the merger of Tilney with Smith & Williamson, creating Tilney Smith & Williamson, the wealth management and professional services group.
- Advising CPPIB on the financing of their acquisition of a stake in BGL Group, the price comparison and insurance distribution and outsourcing business.
- Advising CVC on leveraged finance transactions including the financing in respect of the acquisition of Etraveli, the online travel agency, the refinancing of Parex, the specialty dry mix solutions business, and its sale to Sika and the refinancing of Paroc, the insulation manufacturers, and its sale to Owens Corning, CVC’s acquisition of a 50% stake in DFE Pharma, the global excipients manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry, and CVC's acquisition of a minority stake in Sonae MC, the leading Portuguese food retailer in Portugal.
- Advising Cinven on the financing of their acquisition of INSSEC U., the private higher education and research institution.
- Advising iCON Infrastructure in relation to the refinancing of Firmus Energy, the Northern Irish natural gas supplier.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Law (Jurisprudence), Oriel College, The University of Oxford (BA)