Iona’s practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control and foreign investment/national security concerns, investigations, abuse of dominance and compliance and risk management strategies.
Iona advises clients across a wide range of sectors including: regulated sectors, transport, consumer goods/services, pharmaceutical/healthcare and financial services. Iona’s experience covers the antitrust and regulatory aspects of cross-border M&A deals, including merger control and foreign investment filings. She also regularly advises on compliance programmes and general competition law issues. Iona’s primary expertise lies in the intersection of merger control and national security. Iona has advised extensively on the potential impact of the Enterprise Act 2002 public interest provisions, particularly in relation to national security and infrastructure acquisitions/sales. She is currently advising clients on the UK’s incoming National Security and Investment Bill.
Based in London, Iona has spent time in the Firm’s Washington DC office. She has also spent time on secondment to the Firm’s Senior Management team as the Firm’s Brexit lead.
Iona is fluent in French and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising Compass Group plc on the EU merger control aspects of its successful acquisition of Fazer Food Services
- Advising Saputo on the UK merger control aspects of its successful purchase of Dairy Crest Group plc
- Advising SSE plc on the UK merger control aspects of the successful sale of its retail business to OVO Energy for £500m
- Advising Deutsche Bahn on its potential divestment of Arriva
- Advising PSP Investments on its acquisition of additional shares to become the majority shareholder in Forth Ports and subsequent sale of minority shares to GLIL Infrastructure (GLIL), First State Super, and Construction and Building Unions Superannuation (Cbus)
- Advising DEMB on the EU merger control aspects of its joint venture with Mondelez
- Advising SSE plc on the CMA’s investigation into the GB energy market
- Assisting a major financial institution on global investigations into alleged foreign exchange manipulation
- Working with the UK Government on post-Brexit trade arrangements for professional and business services, including appearing before the House of Commons Exiting the European Union Select Committee
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London: 2009-2011
- BA Modern History, University College, University of Oxford: 2005-2008
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001