About Brendan Counihan
Brendan is a tax associate based in our Washington, DC office. Brendan represents clients across multiple industries on US and international tax-related aspects of transactions, including domestic and cross-border taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, financing arrangements, investments, partnerships and joint ventures, and securities issuances.
- TriNet Group on its tender offer, share repurchase and related financing transactions.
- PhenomeX on its $108m sale to Bruker Corporation.
- Blackstone portfolio company, Schenck Process Group, on the sale of its food and performance materials business to Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its $1.2 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- Jungheinrich AG on its $375 million acquisition of Storage Solutions, Inc.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its 10-year, multi-billion dollar strategic collaboration with Microsoft for next-generation data, analytics and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Berkeley Lights on its acquisition of IsoPlexis.
- TriNet Group, Inc. on its $109 million modified Dutch auction tender offer.
- BP on its $4.1 billion take-private of Archaea Energy.
- Google on its $5.4 billion acquisition of Mandiant Inc.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisition of MayStreet.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3 billion acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies.
- Ericsson on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Vonage.
- Beiersdorf on its acquisition of premier beauty and skin care brand, Chantecaille.
- América Móvil on the formation of telecom JV with Liberty Latin America in Chile.
- LANXESS AG on its $1.3 billion acquisition of the microbial control business of International Flavors & Fragrances.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Vassar College, B.A.