Rob is a Senior Associate in our Global Project Disputes Practice group.
He acts for clients in all forms of dispute resolution with a focus on the construction and engineering, infrastructure, energy, and oil and gas sectors.
As a member of the Freshfields Global Business & Human Rights Group he advises clients on a range of human rights risk management strategies, provides pro bono advice to leading counter human trafficking NGOs and acts for appellants in the Asylum Support Tribunal.
During his time at Freshfields Rob has been seconded to the Gerald Group, Barclays, the London Stock Exchange Group and Tower Hamlets Law Centre.back to tab navigation
- Acting on behalf of a contractor consortium in ICC arbitration proceedings brought against a project owner in connection with the design and construction of an ammonia and urea plant in Algeria.
- Acting in HKIAC arbitration proceedings for a global commodities trader in connection with a series of contested equity investments made by a Chinese mining conglomerate;
- Acting in ICC arbitration proceedings for a shareholder in the consortium company awarded the contract for the construction of the third set of locks at the Panama Canal;
- Acting in ICC arbitration proceedings for a Caribbean state owned natural gas company in relation to claims brought by downstream gas consumers;
- Acting for a UK rail operator in arbitration proceedings brought under the ADRR rules against a rail infrastructure provider;
- Defending a global art financing company in injunctive proceedings brought to prevent the enforcement of security;
- Advising a global oil & gas client on conducting regular supply chain human rights due diligence; and
- Advising the Special Managers of the Carillion group companies (in liquidation) in connection with UK construction projects.
- BA Intercultural Studies (Magna Cum Laude) | RMC, Calgary, Canada.
- BPP, Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
- BPP, Legal Practice Course (Commendation)
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- The Society of Construction Law
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001