Laura has worked on a range of US and international antitrust law issues, and has particular experience representing clients with respect to the US merger control and review process, multijurisdictional merger control, and civil antitrust litigation.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Laura was a trial attorney in the transportation, energy, and agriculture section of the US Department of Justice's antitrust division. Her work at the DOJ included merger review as well as conduct investigations into monopolization and joint conduct.
Laura is an active member of the ABA Section of Antitrust Law. She serves as a Vice Chair on the Transportation and Energy Industries Commission (Sept. 2017–present), has contributed to the energy section of Antitrust Law Developments, 8th Ed, and has moderated multiple ABA programs, including a session at the ABA 2016 Antitrust Law Spring Meeting.back to tab navigation
- Advising Rexam, the leading global beverage can maker, on global merger control aspects of the $6.9bn takeover by US rival Ball Corporation, which brought together the world’s two largest producers of drinks cans.
- Advising Novartis on its $5.4bn sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly.
- Advising Carlson Hospitality Group, an international corporation in the hotel and travel industries, on the global co-ordination of the sale of its international hotels group Carlson Hotels (owner of the Radisson and Country Inn & Suites chains) to Chinese conglomerate HNA Tourism Group, a division of HNA Group.
- Advising Evonik on several transactions, including its ongoing worldwide regulatory processes for its proposed $625m acquisition of PeroxyChem and its acquisition of US-headquartered J.M. Huber’s silica division. The transaction, combined two leading precipitated silica manufacturers, expanded Evonik’s position in North America and Asia, and required regulatory clearances in the EU, US and Brazil.
- Advising United Airlines in connection with various joint venture agreements requiring antitrust and other regulatory approvals, including its recently-announced joint business agreement with Avianca Airlines and Copa Airlines, and on daily counseling issues.
- JD, New York University School of Law
- BA, Princeton University
- Admitted to practice in New York and Washington, DC
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Young Lawyer Representative for the Transportation and Energy Industries Committee
Washington, DC700 13th Street, NW, 10th floor
Washington, DC 20005-3960
T +1 202 777 4579
F +1 202 507 5979 email@example.com