About Ben Cohen
Ben is a senior associate in our intellectual property group.
Ben works on a range of contentious and non-contentious IP and commercial matters, with a focus on the life sciences and technology sectors.
Ben's contentious experience includes the litigation and arbitration of patent, trade mark, trade secret and IP licence disputes. On the non-contentious side, Ben advises on global IP licensing, commercialisation and joint venture arrangements, and IP issues arising in the context of M&A, joint venture and IPOs.
Ben also advises on large-scale multi-jurisdictional separation projects involving a broad spectrum of commercial agreements connected with the merger, acquisition, disposal or outsourcing of business units, and in particular in the context of life sciences carve-outs.
- Advising Heraeus Medical in English High Court proceedings concerning alleged breach of confidence by Biomet and related companies in relation to bone cement products.
- Advising global telecoms company on a major, multi-jurisdictional SEP/FRAND dispute, including advising on client’s SEP portfolio vetting project.
- Advising a multinational bank on outsourcing contractual dispute with its technology software provider, with substantive patent related issues.
- Advising an international automotive company on an ICC arbitration contractual dispute.
- Advising and assisting multinationals and financial institutions, and their insurers, manage their response to significant cyber incidents.
- BPP University Law School – Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
- London School of Economics – LLB in Law (Second Class Honours, Upper Division)
- Solicitor, England and Wales