About Ruzica Ciric
Ruzica is an associate in our antitrust, competition and trade group, based in the Brussels office. Ruzica joined Freshfields as a legal consultant in 2016 and became an associate in 2018.
Prior to joining the team, she worked in competition law at the Energy Community Secretariat in Vienna and trained and worked at a law firm in Serbia and at two international organisations.
She has extensive experience with EU and global merger filings and has advised clients on several complex Phase I and Phase II merger control filings requiring remedies to the European Commission. Ruzica also has experience with global coordination of foreign investment filings and EU state aid law.
- Advising Stanley Black & Decker on the acquisition of its security business by Securitas, which was subject to a review by the European Commission.
- Advising Cargotec on the EU and multi-jurisdictional merger control aspects of its proposed acquisition of Konecranes, which was subject to an in-depth Phase II review by the European Commission.
- Advising Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings on the EU merger control aspects of its proposed acquisition of Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, which was subject to an in-depth Phase II review by the European Commission.
- Advising a company on its acquisition of significant components of Bayer’s seed and crop protection businesses, which Bayer divested ahead of its planned acquisition of Monsanto.
- Advising AES in energy related state aid proceedings of the European Commission.
- Member of the Belgrade Bar: 2018
- Florence Competition Programme in Law and Economics, European University Institute: 2016 – 2017
- LL.M, European and International Business Law, University of Vienna: 2013 – 2014
- Master of Laws, University of Nis, Serbia: 2012