About Emmeline Chen
Emmeline is a senior associate in our disputes practice group, based in New York.
She represents domestic and multinational institutions in global investigations, including regulatory and internal investigations. Emmeline also regularly advises clients on their compliance needs and conducts pre-and post-acquisition diligence regarding bribery and compliance.
- Conducting internal investigations regarding potential third-party abuse of a leading technology company’s platforms spanning across multiple jurisdictions and advising on related compliance enhancements;
- Advising Google in conducting compliance diligence on its $4.5 billion minority investment in Jio Platforms in India;
- Advising a leading US-based multinational food and beverage company in connection with its post-acquisition integration of a major producer and distributor of food products, which included an extensive anti-bribery and corruption review of the target’s operations in high-risk jurisdictions;
- Conducting a board investigation into allegations of misconduct by senior management;
- Representing a market leading US-based multinational company highly active in the Middle East to conduct a multi-jurisdictional internal investigation of allegations concerning compliance controls;
- Successfully defending Clairvest Group and a consortium of sellers in an action by Caesars Entertainment alleging breaches of certain representations and warranties in connection with the $1.7 billion sale of two Indiana gaming facilities;
- Representing a former C-suite executive of a Swiss branch of a major financial institution in connection with an investigation into alleged facilitation of tax evasion and obstruction of justice by the DOJ’s Tax Division, the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the New York Department of Financial Services; and
- Advising the DOJ-approved monitor for a global money services business on compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif.
- BA, New York University, cum laude.
- Emmeline is admitted to practice in the State of New York and before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.