About Sonam Cheema
Sonam is an Associate in our Leveraged Finance team and a member of the Global Transactions group in London.
She has acquisition finance, refinancing and restructuring experience, and has worked with private equity sponsors, corporates, banks and other alternative capital providers.
Sonam trained at Freshfields and has spent time on secondment to CVC Capital Partners.
- Advising Bain Capital and Cinven on the financing for their acquisition of Arxada (formerly Lonza Specialty Ingredients).
- Advising Bain Capital's and Cinven’s portfolio company, Arxada, on the financing for Arxada’s acquisitions of Troy Corporation and Enviro Tech Chemical Services, Inc.
- Cinven on the bank/bond financing to support its acquisition of Arcaplanet.
- Charterhouse and its portfolio company SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals on the €800m equivalent unitranche financing of SERB's acquisition of the BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals business from Boston Scientific Corporation.
- Entain plc on the refinancing of its existing $ 1,125bn term loan B and £590m revolving credit facility.
- The management business of a major private equity firm on the issuance of privately placed notes pursuant to Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act.
- The management business of a major private equity firm on issuing its corporate revolving credit agreement.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Tipico Group.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of WebPros from Oakley Capital.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Ontic from BBA Aviation.
- CVC Capital Partners on the unitranche financing supporting their acquisition of System C.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Etraveli, the online travel agency.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of QA Group, the IT and business skills provider.
- The underwriters on the financing of Eurazeo’s acquisition of Fintrax.
- AEA and the Sparrows Group on its Nordic bond and ssRCF refinancing.
- Permira Debt Managers on the financing of David Brown Systems.
Sonam was admitted to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2019 and as a barrister and solicitor in Ontario (Canada) in 2019.