Max is an associate in our global transactions team based in Abu Dhabi. He advises on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, corporate governance and general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Max has worked at leading firms in both Hong Kong and Sydney.back to tab navigation
- *Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan as joint financial advisers on the US$1.1bn pre-conditional voluntary general offer, to acquire HKSE-listed CAR Inc., China’s largest car rental company.
- *A U.S. private equity investor on the auction sale process for the disposal of its pre-IPO investment in one of China’s largest insurers to two major European financial institutions.
- *The pre-IPO investors in Ant Group, the Alibaba-affiliated digital payments company, on their exit in connection with Ant’s planned US$34.5bn IPO.
- *A Chinese SOE on a US$400m loan facility agreement with a syndicate of regional and global banks to fund the proposed acquisition of an Australian consumer business.
- *Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer, on its pre-IPO reorganisation and US$5bn spin-off listing of its Asia-Pacific business on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- *News Corp on the acquisition of control from the founders in a 50:50 joint venture in the media sector and the consequent amendments to the parties’ shareholder arrangements.
- *Aqualand Group, an Australian property developer, on its strategic investment in McGrath Limited, the ASX-listed Australian real estate agency.
- *AJ Lucas Group Limited, the ASX-listed service provider to the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors, on various secondary equity raisings.
* Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.back to tab navigation
- Juris Doctorate degree issued by the University of New South Wales in Australia.