About Cara Carr
Cara is a Senior Associate in our Antitrust, Competition and Trade Practice, based in the London office.
Her practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control, foreign investment and national security, regulatory appeals and compliance. She also has extensive experience in advising clients in relation to international trade law matters, and in particular trade remedy investigations.
Cara advises clients across a wide range of sectors including consumer products, financial services, private equity, and telecommunications, media and technology.
Prior to joining the firm, Cara spent several years at a leading South African law firm, advising clients on competition and international trade matters across Africa.
- Advising viagogo on achieving a successful outcome before the CMA in relation to its $4 billion acquisition of StubHub.
- Advising CK Hutchison on the antitrust and foreign direct investment aspects of the sale of its European mobile telecommunications towers to Cellnex in a €10 billion transaction.
- Advising Allied Universal on the UK foreign investment aspects of its £3.8 billion public bid for G4S plc.
- Advising Global Media & Entertainment Group on various radio broadcasting transactions.
- LLB, University of the Witwatersrand
- Certificate in Advanced International Trade Law, University of the Witwatersrand
- Certificate in Competition Law, University of the Witwatersrand
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa