About Dennis Caracristi
Dennis advises on a variety of US tax matters in the United States, Europe and Asia, particularly on issues relating to M&A, cross-border transactions and financial products.
He focuses on M&As, public and private offerings of stock, debt and other financial products, spinoffs and demergers, structured derivatives, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), securitizations, conventional and synthetic financings, and specialized tax advisory and structuring matters.
He also has extensive experience with both public and private transactions in the US, European and Asian markets.
Clients include multinational banking groups, underwriters, public companies, private equity and hedge funds, and CLO issuers.
- Verlinvest in $110M Block Trade of Vita Coco Shares.
- Cazoo in connection with a restructuring agreement with noteholders representing 75% of the company’s $630 million convertible senior notes and shareholders representing more than 25% of its outstanding shares.
- Pearson plc on the sale of its international Online Program Management business, Pearson Online Learning Services, to an affiliate of Regent LP.
- Molekule Group on its all-stock merger with Aura Smart Air.
- Stagwell on its $108 million debut secondary offering.
- Oracle on its SEC-registered offering of $5.25 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- AeroClean Technologies, Inc in connection with its all-stock merger with Molekule, Inc.
- ams OSRAM on the sale of its Digital Systems business in North America to Acuity.
- CVC Capital Partners on its $1.37bn acquisition of Ontic, a leading provider of OEM-licensed parts for legacy aerospace platforms, from BBA Aviation plc.
- Paine Schwartz Partners and its portfolio companies in connection with a series of purchases of agricultural businesses and related property with a value in excess of $1bn.
- Unimin Corporation on its $1.7bn merger with Fairmount Santrol, a leading provider of high-performance silica sand and the listing of the combined company, Covia Holdings, on the New York stock exchange.
- Formula One Group (F1), together with its shareholders including CVC Capital Partners, on the $8bn sale of F1 to Liberty Media Corporation.
- MSD Capital on its significant investment in the $4bn buyout of the UFC Mixed Martial Arts promotion, joining WME-IMG, KKR and Silver Lake.
- AB InBev on its £78.4bn acquisition of SABMiller. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Cheung Kong Holdings on its tender offer for Hutchison Whampoa for $24bn, its subsequent spinoff of CK Hutchison Property Holdings on the Hong Kong stock exchange and related internal restructurings.
- Toyota Motor group on its international financing programme.
- L.L.M, taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, Hofstra University School of Law
- B.A., politics, economics and society, SUNY Old Westbury
- New York State