Jamie is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution team and is based in the UAE.
Prior to joining Freshfields, he practised with a top tier international law firm in London and Perth, Australia.
Jamie is experienced in resolving construction, infrastructure and engineering disputes, through litigation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He is also experienced in contract administration and assisting clients with dispute avoidance throughout the construction phase of projects. Jamie has also sat as administrative secretary to arbitral tribunals.
Jamie has advised clients in relation to a broad range of projects in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific, and is also familiar with all standard form construction contracts.
Jamie has completed professional certificates in conventional and non-conventional energy , including renewables, from Imperial College London and Stanford University.back to tab navigation
- *Assisting a global EPC contractor with ICC Arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore relating to disputes concerning the construction of a combined cycle power plant for an LNG facility in the Northern Territory, Australia.
- *Representing a Spanish EPC contractor in UNCITRAL Arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore concerning disputes in relation to an iron ore mining facility in Western Australia.
- *Representing an Italian EPC contractor in LCIA Arbitration proceedings against a state-owned entity regarding the design, engineering and construction of an early production facility, pipelines, molten sulphur handling facilities and a sulphur granulation unit in Kuwait.
- *Advising a Middle Eastern sub-contractor in LCIA Arbitration proceedings against an international EPC contractor concerning the construction of an oil production facility in Basra, Iraq.
- *Advising a German EPC contractor concerning various disputes with different parties regarding the design and construction of a biomass Combined Heat and Power facility in Scotland.
- *Representing a Korean contractor concerning disputes in relation to an oil processing facility in Basra, Iraq, including DIAC arbitration proceedings.
- *Assisting a minerals company concerning disputes in relation to the design and construction of a sulphuric acid processing plant within a fertilizer production complex in Saudi Arabia.
- *Representing an international contractor in UK High Court (TCC) proceedings against a Botswanan bond issuer in respect of a major bridge construction project over the Zambezi river, connecting Zambia and Botswana.
- *Representing an international contractor in LCIA Arbitration proceedings against a residential developer relating to disputes arising from a major multi-purpose development in St Petersburg, Russia.
- *Assisting an international chemical manufacturer in UK High Court (TCC) proceedings in relation to the construction of a chemical manufacturing facility in the UK.
- *Representing an assisted-living and elderly care developer against a national contractor in UK High Court (TCC) proceedings in relation to a quantum meruit and final account dispute.
*Experience prior to joining Freshfieldsback to tab navigation
- 2016 – Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
- 2013 – Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Moorgate
- 2012 – LLB, University of East Anglia