Jamie is an associate in our dispute resolution team and is based in the UAE.
Jamie is experienced in resolving construction, infrastructure and engineering disputes, through arbitration, litigation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He is also experienced in contract administration and assisting clients with dispute avoidance throughout the construction phase of projects. Jamie has also sat as administrative secretary to arbitral tribunals.
Jamie has advised clients in relation to a broad range of projects in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific, and is also familiar with all standard form construction contracts. Prior to joining Freshfields, he practised with a top tier international law firm in London and Perth, Australia.
Jamie is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales.back to tab navigation
- Advising a Middle Eastern joint venture sub-contractor in relation to ICC emergency arbitration proceedings, local UAE court proceedings and applications for interim measures concerning calls upon its performance and retention security regarding works at a major oil and gas processing facility in the UAE.
- Advising a Middle Eastern joint venture sub-contractor in relation to ICC arbitration proceedings concerning significant payment disputes and delay and disruption claims for works at a major oil and gas facility in the UAE.
- *Advising a global EPC contractor in relation to ICC arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore concerning the construction of a combined cycle power plant for an LNG facility in the Northern Territory, Australia.
- *Advising a Spanish EPC contractor in relation to UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore concerning an iron ore mining facility in Western Australia.
- *Advising an Italian EPC contractor in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings against a state-owned entity concerning the design, engineering and construction of an early production facility in Kuwait.
- *Advising a Jordanian contractor in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings against an international EPC contractor concerning the construction of an oil production facility in Iraq.
- *Advising a German EPC contractor concerning various disputes with different parties relating to the design and construction of a combined heat and power biomass facility in Scotland.
- *Advising an international contractor in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings against a residential developer concerning disputes arising from a major multi-purpose development in St Petersburg, Russia.
- *Advising an international chemical manufacturer in relation to UK High Court (TCC) proceedings concerning the construction of a chemical manufacturing facility in the UK.
- *Advising an assisted-living and elderly care centre developer in relation to its successful UK High Court (TCC) claims against a contractor concerning a final account dispute (Anchor2020 Ltd v Midas Construction Ltd  EWHC 435).
- *Advising insurers concerning UK High Court (TCC) claims relating to failures of a subsea interconnector
- *Advising insurers in relation to UK High Court (Commercial Court) claims concerning significant structural damage to an oil platform in the North Sea.
*Experience prior to joining Freshfieldsback to tab navigation
- Registered Legal Consultant, Dubai – 2020
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales – 2016
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Moorgate – 2013
- LLB, University of East Anglia – 2012
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Associate Member, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Associate Member, International Centre for Dispute Resolution – Young & International
- Member, International Chamber of Commerce – Young Arbitrators Forum
- Member, International Council for Commercial Arbitration – Young ICCA
- Member, Society of Construction Law – Gulf
- Member, Australian Institute of Energy
- Associate Member, Energy Institute – UK
- Associate Member, Institute of Civil Engineers – UK