Xiaoguang is a senior associate in our global transactions team.
He specialises in cross-border transactions with a focus on advising Chinese and multinational clients on their investments, including M&A and joint ventures, across a range of industries. Xiaoguang is qualified in Germany and based in Berlin, having previously worked in our Shanghai office.
Xiaoguang speaks German, English and Mandarin.back to tab navigation
- Advising a Chinese consortium on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading global manufacturer of high-precision technical equipment.
- Advising the shareholders of MYR GmbH, a German biotechnology company focusing on the development and ccommercialisation of therapeutics for the treatment of chronic hepatitis delta virus (HDV), on their sale of MYR GmbH for approx. € 1.5 billion to Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Advising leading academic publisher Springer Nature on the divestiture of its India-based publishing services business to a Partners Group portfolio company.
- Advising Springer Nature in connection with its investment in US tech company Research Square Platform, including the acquisition of a majority stake.
- Advising Saudi Basic Industries Corporation on establishing a joint venture with German SCHMID Group in the field of energy storage technology to construct one of the world’s largest utility-scale battery factories.
- Advising Mars, Inc. on the acquisition of foodspring, a Berlin based tech company in the targeted nutrition sector.
- Advising ChemChina Group on the material asset restructuring in connection with the reverse IPO of its German subsidiary KraussMaffei Group at the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Advising Advent International on the acquisition of Bonitas Group, one of the largest private care providers in Germany.
- Advising Advent International on the acquisition of Zentiva, Sanofi Group’s European generics business, for approx. € 1.9 billion.
- Advising Anheuser-Busch InBev on the carve-out and divestment of its German beer brands Hasseröder and Diebels.
- Advising KPMG International in connection with the set-up of its global services center in Berlin.
- Advising CREAT Group on the contemplated material asset restructuring in connection with its German listed subsidiary Biotest AG.
- Advising New-York-based venture capital firm New Science Venture on its investment in German technology company zeotap GmbH.
- Advising Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC on the acquisition of German Kalle Group from Silverfleet Capital.
- Advising Staidson (Beijing) Biopharmaceuticals on its investment in German biopharma company InflaRx GmbH.
- Advising a Chinese consortium led by Elec-Tech International on its proposed acquisition of Osram’s consumer lighting division.
- Advising Shanghai Feilo Acoustics Co., Ltd. on the acquisition of Havells Sylvania.
Xiaoguang completed his legal education in Germany at the University of Passau with a focus on corporate law. In the course of his legal education, Xiaoguang has worked with several international law firms in Munich, Berlin and Shanghai. During his legal training with the Higher Regional Court of Berlin, he has also interned with the German Federal Ministry of Finance.
- Scholar of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
- First State Examination, University of Passau, Germany
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Kammergericht), working amongst others at the Reional Court of Berlin (Landgericht Berlin), the German Federal Ministry of Finance and the Corporate/M&A teams in our Berlin and Shanghai offices
- Second State Examination, Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Kammergericht)
- Admitted to the German Bar (Rechtsanwalt)
BerlinPotsdamer Platz 1
T +49 30 20 28 36 00
F +49 30 20 28 37 66